which are the best newsgroups for music

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jason.willis1@btopenworld.com, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 11, 2004

  2. joevan Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:49:03 +0100,
    wrote:

    Do a search in the group headers for Classical, rock, pop, crap or
    whatever you are looking for.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 11, 2004

  3. °Mike° Guest

    Subject goes UP THERE ^^^

    Question goes down THERE vvv

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:49:03 +0100, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    alt.walk-on-over-to.HMV
    alt.walk-on-over-to.VIRGIN
    alt.walk-on-over-to.TOWER-RECORDS

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2004
  4. °Mike° wrote:
    > Subject goes UP THERE ^^^
    >

    > Question goes down THERE vvv
    >

    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:49:03 +0100, in
    > <>
    > scrawled:
    >

    > alt.walk-on-over-to.HMV
    > alt.walk-on-over-to.VIRGIN
    > alt.walk-on-over-to.TOWER-RECORDS

    Top posting is a lot worse.

    --
    Mr. Trevor Fourie.
    WesBank Limited.

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Buffalo Guest

    "Mr. Trevor Fourie" <> wrote in message news>
    > Top posting is a lot worse.

    Top posting makes it a lot easier to follow a thread (especially a long one)
    if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader.
    Especially when many don't 'trim' the unnecessary bs included in they reply.
    Sometimes bottom posting is the best to see what the reply is referring to,
    but not usually when using OE.

    Buffalo, Jul 11, 2004
  6. Buffalo wrote:
    > "Mr. Trevor Fourie" <> wrote in message news>
    >> Top posting is a lot worse.

    > Top posting makes it a lot easier to follow a thread (especially a
    > long one) if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader.
    > Especially when many don't 'trim' the unnecessary bs included in they
    > reply. Sometimes bottom posting is the best to see what the reply is
    > referring to, but not usually when using OE.

    Top posting is never better.
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    If you can't deal with OE's quirks, install this:

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jul 11, 2004
  7. Buffalo Guest

    "Mr. Trevor Fourie"
    > Buffalo wrote:
    > > "Mr. Trevor Fourie" <> wrote in message news>
    > >> Top posting is a lot worse.

    > > Top posting makes it a lot easier to follow a thread (especially a
    > > long one) if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader.
    > > Especially when many don't 'trim' the unnecessary bs included in they
    > > reply. Sometimes bottom posting is the best to see what the reply is
    > > referring to, but not usually when using OE.

    > Top posting is never better.
    > http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    Who made them the experts at Usenet Etiquette?

    Their #5 shows how ignorant they are about the subject:

    5)"Top-posting makes it hard for bottom-posters to reply to the relevant
    parts: it not possible to answer within the original message. Bottom-posting
    does not make top-posting any harder."

    Like I stated before, "Top posting makes it a lot easier for me to follow a
    thread (especially a
    long one) if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader"

    What makes it so difficult for non OE users to understand that?
    What do they see that is different than what I see when viewing messages on
    NGs? (besides the placement of Signatures)
    Does their newsreader automatically show the reply first, or do they also
    have to scrool down through all the bs, like I do, just to see the reply?
    That is the main problem with bottom posting for me.

    Yeah, I read this before. I especially like this quote taken from it:

    ""We use a good news reader like Forte Agent. Good newsreaders like Agent
    put the signature by default at the end of the post, which is the Usenet
    convention. Microsoft Outlook Express however has some serious bugs. Let us
    quote someone we know:

    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
    they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge ""

    Geez, no prejudice here, only logic. :(
    Makes me really want to believe in their objectivity.

    > If you can't deal with OE's quirks, install this:

    Interesting link.
    I can deal with OE and I like it.
    Too bad you can't accept that Top Posting is much better for many.

    Buffalo, Jul 11, 2004
  8. Buffalo wrote:
    > "Mr. Trevor Fourie"
    >> Buffalo wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Top posting makes it a lot easier to follow a thread (especially a
    >>> long one) if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader.
    >>> Especially when many don't 'trim' the unnecessary bs included in
    >>> they reply. Sometimes bottom posting is the best to see what the
    >>> reply is referring to, but not usually when using OE.

    >> Top posting is never better.
    >> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    > Who made them the experts at Usenet Etiquette?
    >
    > Their #5 shows how ignorant they are about the subject:
    >
    > 5)"Top-posting makes it hard for bottom-posters to reply to the
    > relevant parts: it not possible to answer within the original
    > message. Bottom-posting does not make top-posting any harder."
    >
    > Like I stated before, "Top posting makes it a lot easier for me to
    > follow a thread (especially a
    > long one) if you use Outlook Express as your newsreader"
    >
    > What makes it so difficult for non OE users to understand that?
    > What do they see that is different than what I see when viewing
    > messages on NGs? (besides the placement of Signatures)
    > Does their newsreader automatically show the reply first, or do they
    > also have to scrool down through all the bs, like I do, just to see
    > the reply? That is the main problem with bottom posting for me.
    >
    > Yeah, I read this before. I especially like this quote taken from it:
    >
    > ""We use a good news reader like Forte Agent. Good newsreaders like
    > Agent put the signature by default at the end of the post, which is
    > the Usenet convention. Microsoft Outlook Express however has some
    > serious bugs. Let us quote someone we know:
    >
    > "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
    > day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge ""
    >
    > Geez, no prejudice here, only logic. :(
    > Makes me really want to believe in their objectivity.
    >

    >> If you can't deal with OE's quirks, install this:
    >> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    > Interesting link.
    > I can deal with OE and I like it.
    > Too bad you can't accept that Top Posting is much better for many fuckwits.

    That's because I never read or post in microsoft.public groups. They /only/
    top-post.

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jul 11, 2004
  9. Buffalo Guest

    > Buffalo wrote:

    [snip]
    > > I can deal with OE and I like it.
    > > Too bad you can't accept that Top Posting is much better for many

    fuckwits.

    Why in the hell did you add 'fuckwits' to my response, you Moron?
    My response ended with "many." not "fuckwits.", you illogical and
    egotistical bastard.

    > That's because I never read or post in microsoft.public groups. They

    /only/
    > top-post.

    You're loss for being so narrow minded.

    Buffalo, Jul 11, 2004