    partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.

    TIA
    Arawak
    Arawak, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Arawak

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    Mr. Smiley, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Arawak

    Harrison Guest

    How do you have two partitions on the C: drive?

    Restore the boot record relevant to your installed OS.
    If you don't know how to do that, then search google for "Restore
    Windows ______ boot record" Fill in the blank with your version.
    To recover files, you could try reinstalling Windows, placing the
    drive in another computer, or booting to a Knoppix CD.

    Harrison, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Arawak

    SgtMinor Guest

    Re: Which are the absolute best programs to Repair and Rescue corrupteda unbootable Hard Drive?

    Arawak wrote:

    > After a crash, Partition Magic cannot identify either of my 2
    > partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.
    >
    > TIA
    > Arawak

    Don't know about "absolute best" but I've had success myself with
    active@ from http://www.partition-recovery.com/partition.htm. You can
    download a free demo and if that shows that it can find your data, you
    may want to pay the thirty bucks for the full program.

    Have not tried, but have heard good things about PCInspector, freeware:

    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
    SgtMinor, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Arawak

    owlbird Guest

    Re: Which are the absolute best programs to Repair and Rescue corrupted a unbootable Hard Drive?

    Hi, it's easy. Please visit http://www.ptdd.com and download Partition
    Table Doctor to help you
    owlbird, Dec 12, 2003