    Or the Canon 9000, 9500?

    Please convince me.

    Fred
    Fred Rohde, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Fred Rohde wrote:
    > Which A3-printer is favorite? For n/w and color.
    > The HP Pro B9180, de Epson 1800, the new 1900, 2400 or 3800.
    > Or the Canon 9000, 9500?
    >
    > Please convince me.

    You should convince yourself by studying the capabilities of those
    printers and knowing your needs from a printer.
    Michael Johnson, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Fred Rohde wrote:
    > Which A3-printer is favorite? For n/w and color.
    > The HP Pro B9180, de Epson 1800, the new 1900, 2400 or 3800.
    > Or the Canon 9000, 9500?
    >
    > Please convince me.

    Convince yourself. Read the appropriate NG on your server. Suggest you
    state needs,(in.c size, type) volume, budget.

    good luck.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Fred Rohde

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:57:37 +0200, Fred Rohde wrote:

    > Which A3-printer is favorite? For n/w and color.
    > The HP Pro B9180, de Epson 1800, the new 1900, 2400 or 3800.
    > Or the Canon 9000, 9500?
    >
    > Please convince me.
    >
    > Fred

    I would probably go Epson - from the online Epson store. I don't buy canon
    because of their abysmal record with Linux, and HP seems usually more
    expensive.

    To do any better analysis we'd need to know your requirements.
    ray, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Fred Rohde

    flambe Guest

    Most high end ink jet printers do well with color in a color managed work
    flow.
    Users have different preferences with regard to dye vs pigment based ink and
    with regard to the reliability of different printer head types. Prior
    generations of printers showed much more distinction between color prints
    made from different printer brands than is currently the case.
    While I prefer high end Epson printers in my opinion recent Canon and HP
    offerings have essentially caught up to Epson with regard to color image
    quality.
    If high end black and white printing is what you are after then for printers
    in this range you should already know which Epson you want and why.
    flambe, Oct 13, 2007
  6. Fred Rohde

    Fred Rohde Guest

    wrote:

    >Which A3-printer is favorite? For n/w and color.
    >The HP Pro B9180, de Epson 1800, the new 1900, 2400 or 3800.
    >Or the Canon 9000, 9500?
    >
    >Please convince me.
    >
    >Fred

    So far I understand that for color there is not much difference but
    for b/w Epson is the best choice. I will look more after that
    perspective. Thanks for the answers so far.
    Fred Rohde, Oct 13, 2007
  7. Fred Rohde

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Fred Rohde <> wrote:

    > Which A3-printer is favorite? For n/w and color.
    > The HP Pro B9180, de Epson 1800, the new 1900, 2400 or 3800.
    > Or the Canon 9000, 9500?
    >
    > Please convince me.

    Forget about the cost of the printer.

    Think about the price, availability and capacity of the carts for the
    machine. Viewed like this, you'll find the Epson's to be a real rip-off.
    Stewy, Oct 18, 2007
  8. Fred Rohde

    medico Guest

    Whatever you buy make sure you can get a CIF to fit it. This way you will
    have some control on your ink expenditure

    medico, Oct 18, 2007