    the big names I don't have a clue about the others...

    Any help appreciated.

    Kostas
    Belgos, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Belgos wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an A95 and want to experiment with reversed lenses for macro. I
    > bought the adaptor to the 52mm thread and now I need a 52mm lens to
    > start shooting. Tried my canon ef 50/1.8 and it's fine but I want more
    > magnification. I understand I need to go wider.
    > I want to look on ebay for oldies wide-angle 52mm lenses. I would like
    > suggestions as to which inexpensive brands I should look for, as
    > apart from the big names I don't have a clue about the others...
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Kostas

    By magnification I assume you want to be able to focus closer. To do
    that I would suggest using extension tubes or bellows. You are likely to
    find serious differences between lenses of the same focal length due to the
    construction of the lens.

    You might even try slipping a UV lens before the adapter, but I don't
    think it will help much.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit