whether Vista Exam valid after windows 7 release ???

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by DineshMoorthy, Jan 7, 2009.

  1. I'm planning to take vista 70-620, but need to know whether is it good to do
    the Exam now or need to wait still windows 7 editon and take windows 7 exam???
    DineshMoorthy, Jan 7, 2009

  2. DineshMoorthy

    CyberTech Guest

    Seeing that the Windows XP exams are still running and still valid, even
    though Vista has been out for a while now, you can assume that Vista
    certifications will be valid for a few years after Windows 7 is finally
    released.

    CyberTech, Jan 9, 2009

  3. "CyberTech" <> wrote in message
    > Seeing that the Windows XP exams are still running and still valid, even
    > though Vista has been out for a while now, you can assume that Vista
    > certifications will be valid for a few years after Windows 7 is finally
    > released.

    No, actually , you cannot assume based on that logic, though it happens to
    be a reasonably accurate statement -- if you consider 2.5 years to be "a few
    years". :)

    The policies concerning retirement of MCP exams (including the Windows XP
    exams) are not well published, if they actually exist. When the Training
    group elects to retire the WinXP MCP exams is at their discretion.

    The =MCTS= exams, however, came with an entirely new philosophy and policy
    concerning the exams and the certifications earned from the exams. The new
    MCTS exams are designed such that the certification earned will expire at
    the end of Mainstream Support for the product upon which the exam/cert were
    earned.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/lifecycle/default.mspx

    Thus, it's a no brainer to figure out that if the *cert* expires at the end
    of Mainstream Support, the exams won't be available either.

    Therefore, based on the announced end of Mainstream Support for Windows
    Vista (4/10/2012), you can reasonably assume that exams 70-620, et.al. will
    not be available after 4/10/2012. The release date of Windows 7 really has
    nothing to do with this.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 10, 2009
  4. DineshMoorthy

    CyberTech Guest

    Read it how you will...you just said that same thing I said, but you used
    more words. at least we agree.
    --
    Andrew Casselman, MCTS, MCSA, MCDTS, MCP, MOS

    CyberTech, Jan 10, 2009
  5. "CyberTech" <> wrote in message
    > Read it how you will...you just said that same thing I said, but you used
    > more words. at least we agree.

    Not to be pedantic.. or incite an argument.. but I suppose this is doing
    both..

    Your point was that one could assume Vista certs would still be availble
    based on upon the release date of Windows 7.
    You suggested that the exams would still be available for "a few years"
    based upon the release date of Windows 7.
    Your statement is a supposition based on previous (irrelevant) behaviors of
    Microsoft with regard to legacy MCP exams.

    My point is that the availablility of Vista certs has absolutely nothing to
    do with the release date of Windows 7.
    I pointed out definitively that the exams will not be available after April,
    2012 irregardless of what happens with Windows 7.
    My statement is factual based on published policy relevant to the current
    testing methodologies with regard to current MCTS exams.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Jan 13, 2009