    being released?

    TIA!

    Kishin

    Kishin, Dec 31, 2006

  2. Kishin wrote:

    > Season one came out last June. I was hoping six months later number two
    > would show up, but so far it hasn't. Has anyone heard anything about it
    > being released?

    Newbie Syndrome^1 lives!--The best publicity new announcements ever got:

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6696

    Derek Janssen

    -----
    [1- Newbie Syndrome [n] - The as yet scientifically unexplained
    phenomena in which posters ask "Gosh, d'you think they'll ever release
    (x)?" within a WEEK--often no more or less--of (x) having already been
    officiallly studio-announced....Five years, ten years, not a peep, and
    then, suddenly, they ASK!] :)

    Derek Janssen, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Kishin

    Kishin Guest

    Kishin, Jan 1, 2007
  4. Kishin

    Jim Burgan Guest

    I don't mind waiting until march.
    I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the rest were
    filmed in color.

    Jim Burgan, Jan 3, 2007
  5. Kishin

    jayembee Guest

    "Jim Burgan" <> wrote:

    > I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
    > rest were filmed in color.

    On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
    looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
    hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 4, 2007
  6. Kishin

    Jim Burgan Guest

    >> I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
    >> rest were filmed in color.

    > On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
    > looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
    > hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.

    You may be right but I grew up in the 50's and 60's and I hated B&W
    television. We didn't get out first color TV until 1969 or 1970 and I hate
    B&W (except in cases like the recent move "Good Night and Good Luck" with
    was shot in B&W for artistic reasons).
    Back to WWW, the first season was very well produced and the cinematography
    was great. The lighting was also great (if not excessive) for B&W.
    Season 1 would be an excellent candidate for colorization.
    The new digital colorizing is amazing, although it's too late at this point.
    The colorized episodes of season 1 and 2 of Bewitched look better than
    season 3, which was filmed in color.
    The new colorized version of "Miracle on 34th St" also looks fabulous (not
    the 80's version done by Ted turner's company).
    -Jim-

    Jim Burgan, Jan 4, 2007
  7. Kishin

    Chris Guest

    On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:42:53 -0500, "Jim Burgan"
    <> wrote:

    >I don't mind waiting until march.
    >I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the rest were
    >filmed in color.

    The cool thing (for me, at least) with season one being in B&W is that
    those episodes never got re-ran as much as the color ones, so it's
    like having a bunch of new WWW eps to watch.

    Chris
    --
    Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchack - Buffy - Doc Savage
    and more at:

    Chris, Jan 4, 2007
  8. Kishin

    jayembee Guest

    "Jim Burgan" <> wrote:

    >>> I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
    >>> rest were filmed in color.

    >> On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
    >> looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
    >> hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.

    > You may be right but I grew up in the 50's and 60's and I hated
    > B&W television. We didn't get out first color TV until 1969 or
    > 1970 and I hate B&W

    I also grew up in the 50s and 60s, and my family didn't get a color
    TV until 1974 or 1975. As I kid, I had no special feeling one way
    or the other about color. Well, to a point. If a show was filmed
    in color, I was aching to see it in color (I still remember the
    first time I saw a STAR TREK episode in color). But I never had
    a feeling that either color or B&W was inherently better than the
    other.

    The older I got, the better my appreciation for the artistry of
    B&W, and I *tend* to prefer B&W to color. I still don't think
    either one is inherently better than the other -- it depends mostly
    on how the director and D.P. use whichever one they're using.

    > Back to WWW, the first season was very well produced and the
    > cinematography was great. The lighting was also great (if not
    > excessive) for B&W. Season 1 would be an excellent candidate for
    > colorization. The new digital colorizing is amazing, although
    > it's too late at this point.

    Sorry, but you'll never convince me of that. I *will* admit that
    the more recent colorization process yields better results than
    previous ones, based on the examples I've seen. And even the
    early 90s colorization of Disney's ZORRO doesn't look awful, but
    while I've seen a *lot* of examples of colorized films and TV
    shows, I've *never* seen one that I thought was superior to the
    original B&W.

    > The new colorized version of "Miracle on 34th St" also looks
    > fabulous (not the 80's version done by Ted turner's company).

    Nope, can't agree. It looks barely acceptable. But the other week,
    my wife and I had seen both versions (colorized and B&W) -- they
    aired back-to-back on AMC -- and we both felt the B&W looked far
    better.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 4, 2007
  9. jayembee <> wrote:

    > If a show was filmed
    > in color, I was aching to see it in color

    Not me! Incredible Hulk looked incredibly better on a Black
    and White TV than color!

    Walter Traprock, Jan 4, 2007
  10. Kishin

    jayembee Guest

    Walter Traprock <> wrote:

    > jayembee <> wrote:
    >
    >> If a show was filmed in color, I was aching to see it in color

    > Not me! Incredible Hulk looked incredibly better on a Black
    > and White TV than color!

    Perhaps, but you had to be able to see it in color in order to
    know that. When I just had a B&W TV to watch, and a program came
    on that was announced as being in color, I really wanted to be
    able to see it in color.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 5, 2007