    There is no indication (other than the hourglass mouse cursor) of the browser
    actually trying to retrieve a page. Did they remove it, or did I do something
    wrong?

    tungley, Apr 24, 2006

  2. tungley

    TheCroW Guest

    > Just upgraded to 1.5.0.2, and the progress bar in the lower right hand
    corner is
    > no longer there. It was a white field that showed the progress of a page

    request
    > -- kind of letting me know I had clicked properly, rather than looking to

    see if
    > my mouse cursor had turned into an hourglass or not. Now it's no longer

    there.
    > There is no indication (other than the hourglass mouse cursor) of the

    browser
    > actually trying to retrieve a page. Did they remove it, or did I do

    something
    > wrong?

    Don't know if you did something wrong ... but the bar is here on my version
    of FF 1.5.0.2 ......

    --
    Menno
    =====================

    TheCroW, Apr 24, 2006

  3. tungley

    gwtc Guest

    tungley wrote:

    > Just upgraded to 1.5.0.2, and the progress bar in the lower right hand corner is
    > no longer there. It was a white field that showed the progress of a page request
    > -- kind of letting me know I had clicked properly, rather than looking to see if
    > my mouse cursor had turned into an hourglass or not. Now it's no longer there.
    > There is no indication (other than the hourglass mouse cursor) of the browser
    > actually trying to retrieve a page. Did they remove it, or did I do something
    > wrong?

    are you using the default theme?

    --
    Things to Ponder about: If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make
    a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

    gwtc, Apr 24, 2006
  4. tungley

    C0mdrData Guest

    Any chance you turned it off by accident? Click on the view menu and make
    sure that "status bar" has a checkmark next to it.

    --

    "The human adventure is just beginning"

    C0mdrData, Apr 25, 2006
  5. tungley

    tungley Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:42:18 GMT, "C0mdrData" <>
    wrote:

    >Any chance you turned it off by accident? Click on the view menu and make
    >sure that "status bar" has a checkmark next to it.

    That had been one of the first things I had looked at (even though the status
    bar hadn't disappeared, that is where I was looking for a possible item called
    the "progress bar.") But guess what? After seeing your post, just for the hell
    of it, I "unchecked" it, watched the status bar disappear, then went back to it
    and "checked" it again -- the status bar then reappeared WITH the progress bar
    field back again! Go figure.......

    tungley, Apr 25, 2006
  6. tungley

    wicked Guest

    tungley wrote:
    > Just upgraded to 1.5.0.2, and the progress bar in the lower right hand corner is
    > no longer there. It was a white field that showed the progress of a page request
    > -- kind of letting me know I had clicked properly, rather than looking to see if
    > my mouse cursor had turned into an hourglass or not. Now it's no longer there.
    > There is no indication (other than the hourglass mouse cursor) of the browser
    > actually trying to retrieve a page. Did they remove it, or did I do something
    > wrong?

    Same thing happened to me a while back. I was fishing for an answer and
    one of the things I did was I went to view> toolbars and turned the
    status bar off, closed TB, then opened it, went to view> toolbars and
    turned the status bar back on and voila. Status bar. Never understood
    what happened but it worked.

    wicked, May 6, 2006
  7. tungley

    wicked Guest

    I think what started my problem is I changed a header setting and when I
    changed it back the status bar was gone.

    wicked, May 6, 2006