    --
    "Do you like Kipling?"
    "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

    Franco, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Franco

    Tony Guest

    "Franco" <> wrote in message
    news:1Rs6f.165109$...
    > I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
    > located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how to access
    > this bar?
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Franco

    Do you have SP2 installed on XP? It is a yellow bar that appears across the
    top of the view window to give info about pop ups its stopped or active X
    files that are trying to install. If you don't have SP2, you probably
    haven't got it.

    Tony, Oct 22, 2005

  3. "Franco" <> wrote in message
    > I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
    > located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how to access
    > this bar?
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Franco
    > --
    > "Do you like Kipling?"
    > "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

    I think it appears only when you have a popup or want to download something.
    I do see it - but it is not present at the moment.

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 22, 2005
  4. Franco

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Oct 22, 2005
  5. Franco

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Franco" wrote in message

    > I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information
    > bar located just below the address bar....not on mine, any
    > ideas how to access this bar?

    Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843017

    Dave Lear, Oct 22, 2005
  6. Franco

    Franco Guest

    The trouble is, I get the same thing telling me to install the activeX
    control when I try to install SP2, so I have reached a bit of an impasse at
    the moment.

    Regards

    Franco

    Franco, Oct 22, 2005
  7. Franco

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Franco" wrote in message

    >>> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
    >>> located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how
    >>> to access this bar?

    >> Do you have SP2 installed on XP? It is a yellow bar that appears
    >> across the top of the view window to give info about pop ups its
    >> stopped or active X files that are trying to install. If you don't have
    >> SP2, you probably haven't got it.

    > The trouble is, I get the same thing telling me to install the activeX
    > control when I try to install SP2, so I have reached a bit of an impasse
    > at the moment.

    There's no pop-up on this WinXP SP2 download page...

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
    and Developers
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    Dave Lear, Oct 22, 2005