    All I come up with on a search are icons, which when clicked on, start
    Firefox. I need to find the "folder" so that I can copy this .dll file.

    Please help!

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004

  2. LadySpudz wrote:

    > I'm new to all things Mozilla and have downloaded Firefox.
    >
    > I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    > found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from
    > DAP into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.
    >
    > I can't for the life of me find a folder on my machine for Firefox.
    > All I come up with on a search are icons, which when clicked on, start
    > Firefox. I need to find the "folder" so that I can copy this .dll file.

    Which application are you really talking about, RoboForm or Download
    Accelerator Plus? You start off referring to Roboform but then mention
    DAP and copying a .dll, which isn't necessary for RoboForm - it has an
    installation program available that does all the work for you. Also, be
    aware that Download Accelerator Plus is widely considered to be spyware.

    --
    When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.
    Dennis Henderson

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 5, 2004

  3. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    > LadySpudz wrote:
    >

    >>I'm new to all things Mozilla and have downloaded Firefox.
    >>
    >>I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    >>found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from
    >>DAP into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.
    >>
    >>I can't for the life of me find a folder on my machine for Firefox.
    >>All I come up with on a search are icons, which when clicked on, start
    >>Firefox. I need to find the "folder" so that I can copy this .dll file.

    > Which application are you really talking about, RoboForm or Download
    > Accelerator Plus? You start off referring to Roboform but then mention
    > DAP and copying a .dll, which isn't necessary for RoboForm - it has an
    > installation program available that does all the work for you. Also, be
    > aware that Download Accelerator Plus is widely considered to be spyware.

    Sorry, am trying to get both to integrate. Right now I'm dealing with
    DAP and will move on to RoboForm after I've got this straightened out.

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004
  4. LadySpudz

    .BRIAN. Guest

    LadySpudz wrote the following on 4/5/2004 at 5:27 AM :

    > I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    > found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from DAP
    > into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.

    I've never used RoboForm, but would like to know the benefits of it vs.
    Mozilla's built in Password Manager. Mozilla already remembers form
    information, and passwords. Just curious.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  5. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > LadySpudz wrote the following on 4/5/2004 at 5:27 AM :
    >
    >> I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have found
    >> instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from DAP
    >> into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.

    > I've never used RoboForm, but would like to know the benefits of it vs.
    > Mozilla's built in Password Manager. Mozilla already remembers form
    > information, and passwords. Just curious.

    Ummm....don't know. I've used RoboForm for the past several years and
    am just used to it. I see that Firefox will save passwords but don't
    see anywhere that it saves fill in info, such as address, credit card
    info etc... that Roboform does. Also, could you tell me how you can
    password protect the data Firefox saves?
    Thanks

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004
  6. LadySpudz

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 6:47 AM LadySpudz wrote:

    > Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    >
    >> LadySpudz wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm new to all things Mozilla and have downloaded Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    >>> found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from
    >>> DAP into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.
    >>>
    >>> I can't for the life of me find a folder on my machine for Firefox.
    >>> All I come up with on a search are icons, which when clicked on, start
    >>> Firefox. I need to find the "folder" so that I can copy this .dll file.

    >> Which application are you really talking about, RoboForm or Download
    >> Accelerator Plus? You start off referring to Roboform but then mention
    >> DAP and copying a .dll, which isn't necessary for RoboForm - it has an
    >> installation program available that does all the work for you. Also, be
    >> aware that Download Accelerator Plus is widely considered to be spyware.

    > Sorry, am trying to get both to integrate. Right now I'm dealing with
    > DAP and will move on to RoboForm after I've got this straightened out.

    You could try an extension called 'DownloadWith'. The description says
    it works with DAP and others.

    http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/

    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  7. LadySpudz wrote:
    > Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    >
    >>LadySpudz wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm new to all things Mozilla and have downloaded Firefox.
    >>>
    >>>I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    >>>found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from
    >>>DAP into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.
    >>>
    >>>I can't for the life of me find a folder on my machine for Firefox.
    >>>All I come up with on a search are icons, which when clicked on, start
    >>>Firefox. I need to find the "folder" so that I can copy this .dll file.

    >>Which application are you really talking about, RoboForm or Download
    >>Accelerator Plus? You start off referring to Roboform but then mention
    >>DAP and copying a .dll, which isn't necessary for RoboForm - it has an
    >>installation program available that does all the work for you. Also, be
    >>aware that Download Accelerator Plus is widely considered to be spyware.
    >>

    > Sorry, am trying to get both to integrate. Right now I'm dealing with
    > DAP and will move on to RoboForm after I've got this straightened out.

    I don't have FireFox installed so I can't tell you the exact location of
    the FireFox plugins folder, but if you use the Windows search function
    and search for "plugins" you'll see a list of all the folders by that
    name on your system. Look for the "plugins" folder that has "firefox" in
    the path name - that will be your FireFox Plugins folder

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 5, 2004
  8. ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > LadySpudz wrote the following on 4/5/2004 at 5:27 AM :
    >

    >>I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    >>found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from DAP
    >>into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.

    > I've never used RoboForm, but would like to know the benefits of it vs.
    > Mozilla's built in Password Manager. Mozilla already remembers form
    > information, and passwords. Just curious.

    In my experience, RoboForm is slightly smarter when it comes to what
    information to put in which field on a form. For example, I've had
    Mozilla's form manager try to cram my full name into the "first name"
    field on a form that has separate fields for first and last name. It's
    done the same with my phone number, trying to put the full 10-digit
    number into the area code box on a form with separate boxes for area
    code, prefix and number. It also sometimes gets confused after you've,
    for example, saved form data from an on-line shopping site where you
    filled in someone else's name in a "ship to" field and it tries to use
    that name when you need it to use your name the next time.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 5, 2004
  9. LadySpudz

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 7:49 AM Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    >>LadySpudz wrote the following on 4/5/2004 at 5:27 AM :
    >>
    >>>I would like to get my RoboForm program to work with it and have
    >>>found instructions on how to do so, by copying a .dll file from DAP
    >>>into the Plug-ins folder of Mozilla.

    >>I've never used RoboForm, but would like to know the benefits of it vs.
    >>Mozilla's built in Password Manager. Mozilla already remembers form
    >>information, and passwords. Just curious.

    > In my experience, RoboForm is slightly smarter when it comes to what
    > information to put in which field on a form. For example, I've had
    > Mozilla's form manager try to cram my full name into the "first name"
    > field on a form that has separate fields for first and last name. It's
    > done the same with my phone number, trying to put the full 10-digit
    > number into the area code box on a form with separate boxes for area
    > code, prefix and number. It also sometimes gets confused after you've,
    > for example, saved form data from an on-line shopping site where you
    > filled in someone else's name in a "ship to" field and it tries to use
    > that name when you need it to use your name the next time.

    OIC. Thanks. I'm not too familiar with that program.

    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  10. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 4/5/2004 6:47 AM LadySpudz wrote:
    >
    >> Caffeine Junkie wrote:

    >>> Which application are you really talking about, RoboForm or Download
    >>> Accelerator Plus? You start off referring to Roboform but then mention
    >>> DAP and copying a .dll, which isn't necessary for RoboForm - it has an
    >>> installation program available that does all the work for you. Also, be
    >>> aware that Download Accelerator Plus is widely considered to be spyware.

    >> Sorry, am trying to get both to integrate. Right now I'm dealing with
    >> DAP and will move on to RoboForm after I've got this straightened out.

    > You could try an extension called 'DownloadWith'. The description says
    > it works with DAP and others.
    >
    > http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/

    Okay, have downloaded 'DownloadWith' and can't seem to find that
    anywhere either. btw - I did do a search for 'plugins' as suggested in
    another post, and came up with everything EXCEPT anything to do with
    Mozilla or Firefox.

    Seem to be getting more confused each step I take!

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004
  11. LadySpudz

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 9:36 AM LadySpudz wrote:

    > Okay, have downloaded 'DownloadWith' and can't seem to find that
    > anywhere either. btw - I did do a search for 'plugins' as suggested in
    > another post, and came up with everything EXCEPT anything to do with
    > Mozilla or Firefox.

    You are using Firefox? You need to install the extension from that
    webpage. This is the link to the installer page:

    http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/installation.html#

    Once you have the extension installed, it will show up under
    Tools>>Options>>Extensions -- Then you should be able to configure it to
    work with DAP using the following settings:

    Identification: dap
    Label: DAP
    Command: C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.exe
    Arguments: Notes: I do not have DAP installe...ogram Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins -- Brian

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  12. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004
  13. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    LadySpudz, Apr 5, 2004
  14. LadySpudz

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 10:32 AM LadySpudz wrote:

    >> Thanks, it's there. I just didn't know enough to look under
    >> 'extensions' and then how to configure it. All set now. I think.
    >> On to Roboform . . .

    > And now have found the adapter for RoboForm on their website. More
    > "delving" to do tomorrow!

    Great. Did you end up needing to use the DownloadWith extension?

    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  15. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 4/5/2004 10:32 AM LadySpudz wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks, it's there. I just didn't know enough to look under
    >>> 'extensions' and then how to configure it. All set now. I think.
    >>> On to Roboform . . .

    >> And now have found the adapter for RoboForm on their website. More
    >> "delving" to do tomorrow!

    > Great. Did you end up needing to use the DownloadWith extension?

    Yes I did. Apparently it had downloaded just fine, I wasn't looking in
    the right place! Still find it odd though that I can't seem to find ANY
    reference to Mozilla Firefox anywhere on my machine (and I am using
    Firefox). Have found folders for the Calendar program (Sunbird is it?)
    and Thunderbird but nothing for Firefox other than the link that starts
    the program.

    LadySpudz, Apr 6, 2004
  16. LadySpudz wrote:
    > ..BRIAN. wrote:

    >>>And now have found the adapter for RoboForm on their website. More
    >>>"delving" to do tomorrow!

    >>Great. Did you end up needing to use the DownloadWith extension?
    >>

    > Have found folders for the Calendar program (Sunbird is it?)
    > and Thunderbird but nothing for Firefox other than the link that starts
    > the program.

    Right-click on that link and select "Properties".
    You should see, among other things, a "Find Target" button.
    Click it.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 6, 2004
  17. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    >>Have found folders for the Calendar program (Sunbird is it?)
    >>and Thunderbird but nothing for Firefox other than the link that starts
    >>the program.

    > Right-click on that link and select "Properties".
    > You should see, among other things, a "Find Target" button.
    > Click it.

    I had already tried that, but did again just in case I'd missed something.

    When I right-click the FF icon and select properties these are the
    options (tabs) I have: 'General' - which only has an Advanced button
    at the bottom and that leads to archiving and encrypting options,
    'Version' - which is the Moz/FF info, 'Compatibility', 'Summary', and
    then 'Icon'.

    Running WinXP Home.

    LadySpudz, Apr 6, 2004