    The boot.ini file only has XP detailed so must be another file somewhere.
    Thanks

    PS Using Grub on SuSE

    Use.Netuser.de, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Use.Netuser.de

    grayghost Guest

    "Use.Netuser.de" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Have a dual boot SuSE/XPP System and want XP to be the default boot OS.
    > Anyone know where the bootloader is so I can edit it?
    > The boot.ini file only has XP detailed so must be another file somewhere.
    > Thanks
    >
    > PS Using Grub on SuSE

    Have you checked /boot ?

    grayghost, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Use.Netuser.de

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 16:19:18 +0100, Use.Netuser.de wrote:

    >Have a dual boot SuSE/XPP System and want XP to be the default boot OS.
    >Anyone know where the bootloader is so I can edit it?
    >The boot.ini file only has XP detailed so must be another file somewhere.
    >Thanks

    Before boot.ini or any bit of an OS runs the PC BIOS looks at the master
    boot record, MBR then something like GRUB runs.

    Look in /boot

    >PS Using Grub on SuSE

    www.google.com finds quite quickly,

    grub overview
    http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/09/fhassel_grub_overview.html
    As stated above, changes to this menu will be adopted automatically the
    next time the system is booted.

    For more specific information on booting DOS/Windows operating systems
    please refer to the articles Booting Windows from the Second HD
    (http://portal.suse.com//sdb/en/2002/09/fhassel_grub_win1.html ) and
    Booting Multiple Windows Installations from One Hard Disk
    (http://portal.suse.com//sdb/en/2002/09/fhassel_grub_win2.html ).

    Me

    why?, Oct 2, 2004
  4. On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:19:18 +0100, Use.Netuser.de wrote:

    > Have a dual boot SuSE/XPP System and want XP to be the default boot OS.
    > Anyone know where the bootloader is so I can edit it? The boot.ini file
    > only has XP detailed so must be another file somewhere. Thanks
    >
    > PS Using Grub on SuSE

    The easiest way is to login to KDE and look for the bootloader settings
    (YaST on SuSE?). You can change the default OS easily there, no need to
    manually edit any files.

    Willem

    Willem van der Berg, Oct 2, 2004
  5. "Willem van der Berg" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:19:18 +0100, Use.Netuser.de wrote:
    >
    > > Have a dual boot SuSE/XPP System and want XP to be the default boot OS.
    > > Anyone know where the bootloader is so I can edit it? The boot.ini file
    > > only has XP detailed so must be another file somewhere. Thanks
    > >
    > > PS Using Grub on SuSE

    > The easiest way is to login to KDE and look for the bootloader settings
    > (YaST on SuSE?). You can change the default OS easily there, no need to
    > manually edit any files.
    >
    > Willem

    Thanks people that's just what I needed ... will check out YAST.

    Use.Netuser.de, Oct 3, 2004