    MSN page, and there was an option to have it displayed...I had had it
    checked previously, but it's not appearing. TIA for your help in getting it
    BACK. ~M~

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Mistuh

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Sound and Audio Devices
    (or Control Panel / Multimedia for Win9x)
    Check 'Show volume icon in the task bar'.

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:39:07 GMT, in
    <fySXb.205521$>
    Mistuh scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Mistuh

    Pompey© Guest

    Start>settings>control panel>Sounds and audio devices>volume...check the
    appropriate box
    hth Daryn

    Pompey©, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Mistuh

    Mistuh Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Control Panel / Sound and Audio Devices
    > (or Control Panel / Multimedia for Win9x)
    > Check 'Show volume icon in the task bar'.
    >

    > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:39:07 GMT, in
    > <fySXb.205521$>
    > Mistuh scrawled:
    >
    > >Hi...all of a sudden, i am not seeing the little volume icon...I went to

    the
    > >MSN page, and there was an option to have it displayed...I had had it
    > >checked previously, but it's not appearing. TIA for your help in getting

    it
    > >BACK. ~M~
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I had already checked this off...as i said in the above post...but it's not
    showing in the taskbar. :(

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004
  5. Mistuh

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:58:31 GMT, in
    <rQSXb.205524$>
    Mistuh scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Control Panel / Sound and Audio Devices
    >> (or Control Panel / Multimedia for Win9x)
    >> Check 'Show volume icon in the task bar'.
    >>

    >> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:39:07 GMT, in
    >> <fySXb.205521$>
    >> Mistuh scrawled:
    >>
    >> >Hi...all of a sudden, i am not seeing the little volume icon...I went
    >> >to the MSN page, and there was an option to have it displayed...I
    >> >had had it checked previously, but it's not appearing. TIA for your
    >> >help in getting it BACK. ~M~
    >> >

    >I had already checked this off...as i said in the above post...but it's not
    >showing in the taskbar. :(

    I don't see where you said that. You said that you
    went to an MSN page. What has that got to do
    with the Control Panel applet? If it hadn't been for
    your subject line, I wouldn't have had a clue what
    you were talking about.

    Now how about giving some details about your system?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004
  6. Mistuh

    Mistuh Guest

    i went to "taskbar and start menu properties", too....no luck...still don't
    see it!

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004
  7. Mistuh

    Mistuh Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:58:31 GMT, in
    > <rQSXb.205524$>
    > Mistuh scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Control Panel / Sound and Audio Devices
    > >> (or Control Panel / Multimedia for Win9x)
    > >> Check 'Show volume icon in the task bar'.
    > >>

    > >> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:39:07 GMT, in
    > >> <fySXb.205521$>
    > >> Mistuh scrawled:

    > >I had already checked this off...as i said in the above post...but it's

    not
    > >showing in the taskbar. :(

    > I don't see where you said that. You said that you
    > went to an MSN page. What has that got to do
    > with the Control Panel applet? If it hadn't been for
    > your subject line, I wouldn't have had a clue what
    > you were talking about.
    >
    > Now how about giving some details about your system?
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Yes, you're right....but i also went to Control Panel, and under sounds, the
    info was identical to what i saw on the MSN page. And in both cases, the box
    WAS (still is) checked to show the volume icon in the taskbar...yet it isn't
    showing. I have Windows XP Home.

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004
  8. Mistuh

    Mistuh Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:18:10 GMT, in
    > <S6TXb.205526$>
    > Mistuh scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >Yes, you're right....but i also went to Control Panel, and under sounds,

    the
    > >info was identical to what i saw on the MSN page. And in both cases, the

    box
    > >WAS (still is) checked to show the volume icon in the taskbar...yet it

    isn't
    > >showing. I have Windows XP Home.

    > Do you have sound?
    >
    > Have you tried UNCHECKING the box, press APPLY,
    > recheck the box and press APPLY again?
    >
    > Have you tried rebooting?
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works fine)
    except for re-booting...i will try that next.

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004
  9. Mistuh

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004
  10. Mistuh

    Mistuh Guest

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:18:10 GMT, in
    > > <S6TXb.205526$>
    > > Mistuh scrawled:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > >Yes, you're right....but i also went to Control Panel, and under

    sounds,
    > the
    > > >info was identical to what i saw on the MSN page. And in both cases,

    the
    > box
    > > >WAS (still is) checked to show the volume icon in the taskbar...yet it

    > isn't
    > > >showing. I have Windows XP Home.

    > > Do you have sound?
    > >
    > > Have you tried UNCHECKING the box, press APPLY,
    > > recheck the box and press APPLY again?
    > >
    > > Have you tried rebooting?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Basic computer maintenance

    > Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works fine)
    > except for re-booting...i will try that next.

    THANK YOU MIKE!....re-booting did the trick; I have the icon back.
    Sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets it done...altho why the icon
    disappeared in the FIRST place is an unsolved mystery.

    Mistuh, Feb 15, 2004
  11. Mistuh

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:39:36 GMT, in
    <YqTXb.34754$>
    Mistuh scrawled:

    >"Mistuh" <-screwthespam-.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> > Have you tried rebooting?

    >> Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works fine)
    >> except for re-booting...i will try that next.
    >>

    >THANK YOU MIKE!....re-booting did the trick; I have the icon back.
    >Sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets it done...altho why the icon
    >disappeared in the FIRST place is an unsolved mystery.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004
  12. Mistuh

    Patrick Guest

    Mistuh wrote:
    > "Mistuh" <-screwthespam-.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:18:10 GMT, in
    >>> <S6TXb.205526$>
    >>> Mistuh scrawled:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> Do you have sound?
    >>>
    >>> Have you tried UNCHECKING the box, press APPLY,
    >>> recheck the box and press APPLY again?
    >>>
    >>> Have you tried rebooting?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Basic computer maintenance
    >>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    >> Yes to all of the above (checking/unchecking, and the sound works
    >> fine) except for re-booting...i will try that next.
    >>

    > THANK YOU MIKE!....re-booting did the trick; I have the icon back.
    > Sometimes it's the simplest thing that gets it done...altho why the
    > icon disappeared in the FIRST place is an unsolved mystery.

    See tenth item down;
    "Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?"

    Patrick, Feb 16, 2004