    Kue2 Guest

    Charlie
    You hear anything from the "powers that be" regarding a "new" abode?

    Kue2, Jun 22, 2010

  2. Funny thing, I asked again this morning. The answer:

    "Hey Charlie,
    We're still working on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have it
    figured out. Haven't forgotten about it."

    Now you know as much as I do. ;)
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 22, 2010

  3. Kue2

    Steve Foster Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    > Funny thing, I asked again this morning. The answer:
    >
    > "Hey Charlie,
    > We're still working on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have
    > it figured out. Haven't forgotten about it."
    >
    > Now you know as much as I do. ;)

    Meanwhile, the Right Hand is getting ready to try and close the group
    down...

    Now if only we could: "Left Hand, meet Right Hand." <g>

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

    Steve Foster, Jun 22, 2010
  4. Yes, they're going to. And no, I don't think we'll have a place to go. I
    will stay here for the moment, via third party NNTP servers. But in the long
    run, it isn't going to be a good solution, I am afraid.

    And no, I'm NOT a happy camper, and I'm likely to get dropped as an MVP
    over what I'm saying in other channels. Too bad. But this one really p****s
    me off.

    Charlie Russel, Jun 29, 2010
  5. Kue2

    Bo Persson Guest

    Charlie Russel wrote:
    > Yes, they're going to. And no, I don't think we'll have a place to
    > go. I will stay here for the moment, via third party NNTP servers.
    > But in the long run, it isn't going to be a good solution, I am
    > afraid.
    > And no, I'm NOT a happy camper, and I'm likely to get dropped as
    > an MVP over what I'm saying in other channels. Too bad. But this
    > one really p****s me off.

    Yes, I think they have calculated the loss of some people into the
    value of controlling the forums (and keeping certain search engines
    out). Collateral damage and all that...

    For what it's worth, I am another one that isn't going anywhere.

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Jun 29, 2010
  6. Kue2

    Guest

    In <>, "Bo Persson" <> writes:
    >Charlie Russel wrote:
    >> Yes, they're going to. And no, I don't think we'll have a place to
    >> go. I will stay here for the moment, via third party NNTP servers.
    >> But in the long run, it isn't going to be a good solution, I am
    >> afraid.
    >> And no, I'm NOT a happy camper, and I'm likely to get dropped as
    >> an MVP over what I'm saying in other channels. Too bad. But this
    >> one really p****s me off.

    >Yes, I think they have calculated the loss of some people into the
    >value of controlling the forums (and keeping certain search engines
    >out). Collateral damage and all that...
    >
    >For what it's worth, I am another one that isn't going anywhere.

    Same here.

    , Jun 29, 2010
  7. Kue2

    poppop3x Guest

    I'm not on here much, but I've already switched over to eternal september

    poppop3x, Jun 30, 2010