    recommendations about downloading are no good to me>
    thanks all
    no_clues

    =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=, Jan 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    no_clues <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > hi all, <no_clues here, you'll see why choose that name in a sec>
    > i'm very new to computers and the internet, i recently got a laptop
    > <nothing fancy>
    > the laptop has win xp home ed on it not much else, i'm known by
    > family and friend for killing computers off, i must have gone through
    > 7 or 8+ already in my life
    > i'm intrested in learning about pc hardware & software, i'ed like a
    > recognized quilifacation in it, i'ed like to work in the industry
    > i'm also interested in programming <but have no past experience> but
    > haven't a clue where to start
    > could someone recommend a good starting point?????
    > computer, so recommendations about downloading are no good to me>
    > thanks all
    > no_clues

    If you really have no prior experience I think the Comptia A+ would be a
    good place to start. It's 2 tests. One covers hardware and the other covers
    operating systems. It would give you a good base to build your learning on.
    That's how I started. Go to www.comptia.com and have a look. Good luck.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    Paul Robson Guest

    no_clues wrote:
    > hi all, <no_clues here, you'll see why choose that name in a sec>
    > i'm very new to computers and the internet, i recently got a laptop <nothing
    > fancy>
    > the laptop has win xp home ed on it not much else, i'm known by family and
    > friend for killing computers off, i must have gone through 7 or 8+ already in
    > my life
    > i'm intrested in learning about pc hardware & software, i'ed like a
    > recognized quilifacation in it, i'ed like to work in the industry
    > i'm also interested in programming <but have no past experience> but haven't
    > a clue where to start
    > could someone recommend a good starting point?????
    > recommendations about downloading are no good to me>
    > thanks all
    > no_clues

    MCAD might be a bit hard to start with :)

    Get comfortable using the computer and understand how it works ; get
    comfortable with the Net and Email, Office packages, the basic concepts
    of files, functions and programs. Then ask again :)

    Paul Robson, Jan 18, 2006
  4. thank mate, looks good -no_clues

    =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=, Jan 18, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    no_clues <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > thank mate, looks good -no_clues

    You're welcome. If you have any other questions post back. I'll try to help
    you if I can.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    CBIC <> rambled:

    > In news:,
    > no_clues <> embarrassed himself by
    > saying:
    >> thank mate, looks good -no_clues
    >>

    > You're welcome. If you have any other questions post back. I'll try
    > to help you if I can.

    Who are you, and what have you done with Doom?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com nailed the Olsen twins before they were famous.

    Briscobar, Jan 18, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    > Who are you, and what have you done with Doom?

    I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I have
    empathy for this guy.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    CBIC <> rambled:

    >> Who are you, and what have you done with Doom?

    > I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I
    > have empathy for this guy.

    What is this "empathy" of which you speak?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com owes me 35 bucks.

    Briscobar, Jan 18, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:%,
    Briscobar <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > CBIC <> rambled:
    >>
    >>> Who are you, and what have you done with Doom?

    >> I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I
    >> have empathy for this guy.

    > What is this "empathy" of which you speak?

    Ask LRM. She 'splained it to me.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    LRM Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > In news:%,
    > Briscobar <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    >> CBIC <> rambled:

    >>> I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I
    >>> have empathy for this guy.

    >> What is this "empathy" of which you speak?

    > Ask LRM. She 'splained it to me.

    It has something to do with having testicles, if you have them then you
    don't have empathy, so I am wondering where you got your empathy from seeing
    as how you are burdened with the aforementioned.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2

    LRM, Jan 18, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    > It has something to do with having testicles, if you have them then
    > you don't have empathy, so I am wondering where you got your empathy
    > from seeing as how you are burdened with the aforementioned.

    I thought it wasn't all empathy only empathy for physical pain mainly
    related to being kicked in the sack. What you call a burden I call a
    blessing.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    LRM Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    >> It has something to do with having testicles, if you have them then
    >> you don't have empathy, so I am wondering where you got your empathy
    >> from seeing as how you are burdened with the aforementioned.

    > I thought it wasn't all empathy only empathy for physical pain mainly
    > related to being kicked in the sack. What you call a burden I call a
    > blessing.

    You explained the "being kicked in the sack" part. I consider it a burden as
    you lack "O's"

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2

    LRM, Jan 18, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    LRM <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> It has something to do with having testicles, if you have them then
    >>> you don't have empathy, so I am wondering where you got your empathy
    >>> from seeing as how you are burdened with the aforementioned.

    >> I thought it wasn't all empathy only empathy for physical pain mainly
    >> related to being kicked in the sack. What you call a burden I call a
    >> blessing.

    > You explained the "being kicked in the sack" part. I consider it a
    > burden as you lack "O's"

    Good point. I bet nothing beats multiple O's.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 18, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    LRM Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > LRM <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    >> "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    >>> I thought it wasn't all empathy only empathy for physical pain mainly
    >>> related to being kicked in the sack. What you call a burden I call a
    >>> blessing.

    >> You explained the "being kicked in the sack" part. I consider it a
    >> burden as you lack "O's"

    > Good point. I bet nothing beats multiple O's.

    You know damn right!

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2

    LRM, Jan 18, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 9:22am "no_clues" blathered:

    > hi all, <no_clues here, you'll see why choose that name in a sec>
    > i'm very new to computers and the internet, i recently got a laptop
    > <nothing fancy>
    > the laptop has win xp home ed on it not much else, i'm known by family
    > and friend for killing computers off, i must have gone through 7 or 8+
    > already in my life
    > i'm intrested in learning about pc hardware & software, i'ed like a
    > recognized quilifacation in it, i'ed like to work in the industry
    > i'm also interested in programming <but have no past experience> but
    > haven't a clue where to start
    > could someone recommend a good starting point?????
    > so recommendations about downloading are no good to me>
    > thanks all
    > no_clues

    A+

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 2:14pm "CBIC" blathered:

    >> Who are you, and what have you done with Doom?

    > I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I have
    > empathy for this guy.

    Timmaaa!!!

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Everything should be built top-down, except the first time.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 2:27pm "CBIC" blathered:

    > In news:%,
    > Briscobar <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    >> CBIC <> rambled:

    >>> I know it's out of character for me to actually help someone but I
    >>> have empathy for this guy.

    >> What is this "empathy" of which you speak?

    > Ask LRM. She 'splained it to me.

    Was this before of after your beating?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    I may be an alcoholic, but at least I ain't no quitter.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?bm9fY2x1ZXM=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 4:48pm "LRM" blathered:

    > I consider it a burden as you lack "O's"

    Talk about kicking a guy in the sack!

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    No matter how clever and complete your research is,
    there is always someone who knows more.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006
  19. in my view...the best place to start learning programming is Javascript.

    Everyone has it already, it type forgiving, and results are instant and its
    kind of fun to show you friends via the internet programming skills.

    I advised my former college to think about doing HTML basics, then jumping
    into a course of javascript as the offical "programming level 1" class.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  20. hi, im new to this and don't know where to start. My clip organiser is not
    working and i want to know how to download another version but am having
    problems finding someone at microsoft to email. can u help?

    =?Utf-8?B?bmljaG9sYU0=?=, Jan 28, 2007