    programming stuff is there in 70-300?

    BTW, I think I'm a good programmer and one day expect to
    get a job as one.

    Johnny, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Use cases don't relate to programming?!?
    If you really think you are a good programmer you should reconsider your
    opinion about this ;-)

    Kevin Meiresonne, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Johnny

    Guest Guest

    Solution developers do not play with their computers. They gather
    requirements from the customer using formal methodologies, call upon their
    years of business and engeneering experience to analyze the requirements,
    put their designs into formal documents (like use cases), and lastly start
    developing the software (which involves some programming but also many other
    things). If all you like to do is play with your computer, then you will
    never make it in the software development industry. I suggest you start by
    landing a job as an entry level programmer at a company that has a good
    reputation for developing software and then observe how things are done for
    a few years.

    Guest, Feb 6, 2005
  4. Johnny

    Johnny Guest

    What does all that stuff have to do with programming?

    Will the transacender for 70-300 cover all this? I used
    them for the other exams and the questions and answers were
    really good.

    Johnny, Feb 6, 2005
  5. Johnny

    Guest Guest

    A programmer is someone who sits in a cubicle all day (and often into the
    night) with their head down, hacking out source code, and taking orders from
    their supervisor. Over the next few years, the job market for programmers in
    the US will actually shrink as such low level IT jobs are out sourced to
    India and elsewhere. This is bad news for those who think programming is fun
    and analysis / design is boring.

    The MCSD certification is for professional solution developers not
    programmers. Here is the link for exam 70-300:

    Guest, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Hi Johnny,

    It's like the relation hammering nails has to building a house. Without a
    good idea of the kind of house you need (gathering requirements) and a
    design document (blueprint), knowing how to hammer a nail offers you very
    little.

    A lot depends on whether you want to be a carpenter or a building
    contractor.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Feb 11, 2005