    what is c-sharp is it a new vb? Is it hard or easy?

    Thanks

    Jim

    Jimmy, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Jimmy

    Saga Guest

    First, you have to ask yourself where you are at presently.

    MCSD tests your .NET skills (among others), so if you are
    starting off in .NET, I suggest that first you get some intro
    books and go through those. Get some programming
    experience. Use VS.NET and follow the examples in the books.
    Only after you are comfortable with .NET and have some
    experience and understanding of it will you be able to start
    preparing for the certification exams.

    Look here: www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    Read through it, especially the requirements link.

    Go to amazon.com and search for mcsd and mcad for
    preperation material. Read the reviews. Read the posts in this
    ng as well as in the microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad ng.
    You will find recommendations on how to prepare, which
    books are right and which practice exams are availble.

    You need to fnd a test center near you. If you have a nearby
    college or university, ask there, they may be able to help you.
    If necessary, get ion touch with your local Microsoft office.
    They too may be able to point you in the right direction.

    Not only prepare for the exam, but also prepare yourself on
    how to take it. Oe thing is to know the material, another is
    to know how to take the exam. This is why there are practice
    exams available.

    Good luck
    Saga

    Saga, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Jimmy

    Kevin Guest

    I don't know who is more stupid, the OP/Troll who posted
    the stupid "question", or you for replying to it.

    Kevin, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Jimmy

    Saga Guest

    I really can't compare levels of stupidity here. I would like to
    assume that people who post here is because they want an
    answer. If they are trolls, that's their problem; however, if you
    can help me eliminate some of my stupidity by telling me how
    to spot a troll, I'd certainly appreciate it. I don't have time to
    waste like this and if I decide to answer it is because I at least
    hope the OP -or anyone else that reads it- will make some
    good use of it.

    Saga

    Saga, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Jimmy

    Raja Guest

    Re : Where to start

    Well, troll or not, I'm posting the Amazon links to MCAD
    books here so that someone else might also benefit from
    this post.

    MCAD VB.net track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
    Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

    MCAD C# track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
    70-316 : http://tinyurl.com/64coq
    70-320 : http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

    Two other books I recommend for ADO.net and ASP.net are
    ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
    Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

    - Raja.

    Raja, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Jimmy

    Kevin Guest

    Well Saga, whether or not the OP (and others) are Trolls
    don't really matter, but let's assume the OP is for real.
    Well anyone that stupid can't really be employed to work
    with computers or even expect to get a job working with
    computers, can they? I've never worked with anyone who was
    so stupid they could not figure out the answers to the type
    of "questions" which are asked here. Working as an
    Analyst/programmer, database designer, network
    administrator, etc. etc, requires an ability which these
    people clearly have no hope in achieving.

    I've included the contents of the original post, just so
    you can have one more look at it to see it has "Troll"
    written all over it. And I truly hope he/she is a Troll,
    heaven help if these people are for real.

    Kevin, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Jimmy

    Saga Guest

    Thanks for getting back.

    I sometimes wonder of instead of "stupid", they are just
    plain lazy. I am sure your logic applies to these people
    as well <g>.

    I agree with your remarks. I believe that the Darwinian
    principle of "survival of the fittest" also applies here. Those
    that can't cut it will hopefully get seperated from the herd
    and find their purpose in life as protein for some other
    life form.

    As Raja and I mentioned, we can only hope that our
    replies will be read by those that are serious about this
    profession and the certs.

    Regards,
    Saga

    Saga, Oct 6, 2004
  8. Jimmy

    Kevin Guest

    >I agree with your remarks. I believe that the Darwinian
    >principle of "survival of the fittest" also applies here.
    >Those that can't cut it will hopefully get seperated from the
    >herd and find their purpose in life as protein for some other
    >life form.

    they sure do.

    >As Raja and I mentioned, we can only hope that our
    >replies will be read by those that are serious about this
    >profession and the certs.

    I'm sure there are those who do, but in reality these exams
    are hardly quantum mechanics material are they!

    Kevin, Oct 6, 2004
  9. Jimmy

    Guest Guest

    u should start on vb 6.its quite easy...
    by the way c#(sharp) is a language..
    extended from c and c++...

    Guest, Oct 8, 2004