    with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    the file is to be saved?

    L.D., Dec 11, 2003

  2. L.D.

    °Mike° Guest

    What is/are the file/s?

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:33:21 -0600, in
    <>
    L.D. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003

  3. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    >What is/are the file/s?
    >

    >On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:33:21 -0600, in
    > <>
    > L.D. scrawled:
    >

    >>I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    >>with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    >>Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    >>the file is to be saved?

    The files are:

    vnetsup.vxd
    vredir.vxd
    dfs.vxd
    msnp.dll

    L.D., Dec 11, 2003
  4. L.D.

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:38:26 -0600, in
    <>
    L.D. scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>What is/are the file/s?
    >>

    >>On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:33:21 -0600, in
    >> <>
    >> L.D. scrawled:
    >>

    >>>I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    >>>with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    >>>Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    >>>the file is to be saved?
    >>>

    >The files are:
    >
    >vnetsup.vxd
    >vredir.vxd
    >dfs.vxd
    >msnp.dll

    You need to replace your network components.

    Err Msg Cannot Find a Device File...Vnetsup.vxd

    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  5. L.D.

    Richard Guest

    L.D.! wrote:

    > I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    > with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    > Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    > the file is to be saved?

    "Save file in box"...This is where the retrieved files are going to be
    stored. It wants to know where you want to put this folder.
    "IN" like mail "in box", not.. putting a file into a box.

    Richard, Dec 11, 2003
  6. L.D.

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:53:11 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > L.D.! wrote:
    >
    > > I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    > > with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    > > Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    > > the file is to be saved?

    >"Save file in box"...This is where the retrieved files are going to be
    >stored. It wants to know where you want to put this folder.
    >"IN" like mail "in box", not.. putting a file into a box.

    Oh, STFU, st00pid.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  7. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > L.D.! wrote:
    >
    > > I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    > > with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    > > Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    > > the file is to be saved?

    >"Save file in box"...This is where the retrieved files are going to be
    >stored. It wants to know where you want to put this folder.
    >"IN" like mail "in box", not.. putting a file into a box.

    OK, Im asking wrong maybe. When I retrieve the file I am assuming it is
    asking me where the final destination is, ie.what folder. If that is
    what it is asking me, I don't know. I am asking so I'll know, then I
    can tell it where to save it. I've never used this before so maybe I'm
    making hard. If I put it in any folder, will what ever needs it find it.
    If so then I am making it hard. I thought those files had to be in a
    certain place (folder) to used. If so I need to know where to put it or
    know how to find out where to put it.

    L.D., Dec 11, 2003
  8. L.D.

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:07:01 -0600, in
    <>
    L.D. scrawled:

    >Richard wrote:
    >
    >> L.D.! wrote:
    >>
    >> > I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    >> > with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    >> > Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    >> > the file is to be saved?

    >>"Save file in box"...This is where the retrieved files are going to be
    >>stored. It wants to know where you want to put this folder.
    >>"IN" like mail "in box", not.. putting a file into a box.
    >>

    >OK, Im asking wrong maybe. When I retrieve the file I am assuming it is
    >asking me where the final destination is, ie.what folder. If that is
    >what it is asking me, I don't know. I am asking so I'll know, then I
    >can tell it where to save it. I've never used this before so maybe I'm
    >making hard. If I put it in any folder, will what ever needs it find it.
    >If so then I am making it hard. I thought those files had to be in a
    >certain place (folder) to used. If so I need to know where to put it or
    >know how to find out where to put it.

    Read my previous reply to you. You need to replace your network
    components.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  9. L.D.

    Harrison Guest

    The key is the "if necessary" part. The utility will restore the files
    to their original locations unless you specify otherwise.
    In most cases, leave it blank and it will default to the proper
    location.

    Harrison, Dec 11, 2003
  10. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    Harrison wrote:

    >The key is the "if necessary" part. The utility will restore the files
    >to their original locations unless you specify otherwise.
    >In most cases, leave it blank and it will default to the proper
    >location.
    >
    >On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:33:21 -0600, "L.D." <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I had some files deleted and have read how to extract and restore them
    >>with system file checker. It says to "Type the destination folder in the
    >>Save File In box if necessary, and then click ok." How do I know where
    >>the file is to be saved?

    Thanks Harrison,
    I will do that in a little bit. If I run into problems I'll holler back.
    I guess I was just making it to hard by trying to read something there
    that wasn't necessary .
    L.D.

    L.D., Dec 11, 2003