    Should I reduce them before doing the posting?

    Thanks

    Joel

    Joel Dorfan, Oct 9, 2005

  2. Hi Joel,

    At DPNow we have a thriving critique board. Your photos would be very
    welcome. Our terms and conditions protect you, your photos and your contact
    details.

    There is a 200K upload limit, so I suggest that you resize your images to
    around 600 pixels wide so that the images can be viewed sensibly on a
    typical monitor.

    You will need to register a profile to be able to post, but it's a simple
    procedure and one time only.

    To register your profile, go here:

    http://dpnow.com/bb/critique.pl?profileedit

    You can see the critique board, go here:

    http://dpnow.com/bb/critique.pl

    Hope to see you there!

    Ian

    Digital Photography Now
    http://dpnow.com
    Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

    Digital Photography Now, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Joel Dorfan

    Jem Raid Guest

    >I have taken some pics. Nothing fancy.
    > I would just like some comments from thos of you with an expert eye about
    > the clarity.
    >
    > Where is the best place to post them?
    > The images are all about 4MB in size.
    > Should I reduce them before doing the posting?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Joel

    Ello Joel

    The best way to improve your image making is buy books of photographs, go to
    your local 2nd hand bookshop. And if there are any near to you, go to
    photographic exhibitions.

    THEN go and blag, a gallery, a library or some other place with room to hang
    some pics to let you have an exhibition.

    THEN you've GOT to make a load of really good pics, nothing sharpens ones
    picture making like doing this.

    Don't mess about, grab it, do it, drop yourself right in at the deep end,
    quit playing safe.

    Jem

    ------------------------
    My Photopolymer Etchings;
    http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/j/jimread

    Jem Raid, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Joel Dorfan

    Matt Ion Guest

    Joel Dorfan wrote:
    > I have taken some pics. Nothing fancy.
    > I would just like some comments from thos of you with an expert eye about
    > the clarity.
    >
    > Where is the best place to post them?

    Check out www.photosig.com - post your pics, others critique them...
    it's a pretty good system.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0540-8, 10/07/2005
    Tested on: 10/9/2005 3:00:47 PM

    Matt Ion, Oct 9, 2005
  5. Jem, you make some good suggestions, but getting your shots evaluated online
    like at the DPNow Critique forum or PhotoSig, etc. isn't invalid and there
    is plenty to learn from constructive criticism from such sites.

    Digital Photography Now, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Joel Dorfan

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "Joel Dorfan" <> wrote

    > I have taken some pics. Nothing fancy.
    > I would just like some comments from thos of you with an expert eye about
    > the clarity. Where is the best place to post them?

    Try www.webaperture.com Some good work gets posted there, and plenty of
    helpful people will comment on your work.

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Oct 11, 2005