Where To Place Transferred Files In New Outlook Express (New PC Running XP) ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Just finished transferring all my old files from an old W98 PC to my new one
    running XP.

    Can someone, please, tell me where to place the following (from the old PC)
    into XP:

    a. For Outlook Express-

    -the Address Book
    -the (I think they are .dbx) folders that I had created to store
    received e-mail messages
    -any others that I need to place in the new OE folder ?

    Will they be recognized and used automatically ?
    etc. ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Nov 24, 2004

  2. On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:12:23 -0500, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Just finished transferring all my old files from an old W98 PC to my new one
    >running XP.
    >
    >Can someone, please, tell me where to place the following (from the old PC)
    >into XP:
    >
    >a. For Outlook Express-
    >
    > -the Address Book
    > -the (I think they are .dbx) folders that I had created to store
    >received e-mail messages
    > -any others that I need to place in the new OE folder ?
    >
    >Will they be recognized and used automatically ?
    >etc. ?

    Try using the OE menu items:-

    File|Import|Address book
    File|Import|Messages

    and in the "Open" window navigate to the folder where you have your
    old files.

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!