    Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).

    Any ideas?
    sub, Jun 23, 2006

  2. sub

    thingy Guest

    sub wrote:
    > I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >
    > I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been using for
    > a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire) ports on
    > this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable that came with it
    > for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get a
    > replacement for something like this?
    >
    > Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    > theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    depends on what is in the slot.....maybe a multi-function card....

    trying to get a addon off a manufacturer is going to be impossible IMHO.

    Maybe goign to DSE and looking at a generic backplate that has firewire
    might work....

    Or a 5.25inch bay unit with firewire....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jun 23, 2006

  3. sub

    thingy Guest

    sub wrote:
    > I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >
    > I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been using for
    > a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire) ports on
    > this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable that came with it
    > for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get a
    > replacement for something like this?
    >
    > Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    > theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    multifunction card

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/449b71cf03c19e74273fc0a87f990780/Product/View/XH8272
    thingy, Jun 23, 2006
  4. sub

    sub Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > sub wrote:
    >> I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >>
    >> I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been using
    >> for a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire) ports
    >> on this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable that came
    >> with it for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get
    >> a replacement for something like this?
    >>
    >> Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    >> theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > multifunction card
    >
    > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/449b71cf03c19e74273fc0a87f990780/Product/View/XH8272

    Unfortunately as I said above, this machine has only got one PCI slot and
    its already in use (Hauppauge PVR500 dual tuner tv capture card).
    sub, Jun 23, 2006
  5. sub

    SteveM Guest

    "sub" <> wrote in news:449b50f1$:

    > I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >
    > I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been
    > using for a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394
    > (firewire) ports on this motherboard, but I cant find the original
    > 1394 cable that came with it for connecting to the motherboard header
    > pins. Where could I get a replacement for something like this?
    >
    > Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    > theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I may have several at work but cannot check until Monday.

    Happy to send one down at no cost if I can find one.....

    SteveM
    SteveM, Jun 23, 2006
  6. sub

    Mercury Guest

    I'd look for the pinout for the mobo header and get a firewire plug from a
    PC recycler and adapt the header. Does your case have a firewire interface?
    If not you may have to leave the f/w socket dangling.

    Try own of the alt.com.periphs.mainboard news groups to see if anyone there
    knows the pinouts.

    HTH & BOL with MCE.

    Mercury, Jun 23, 2006
  7. sub

    sub Guest

    "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    > "sub" <> wrote in news:449b50f1$:
    >
    >> I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >>
    >> I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been
    >> using for a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394
    >> (firewire) ports on this motherboard, but I cant find the original
    >> 1394 cable that came with it for connecting to the motherboard header
    >> pins. Where could I get a replacement for something like this?
    >>
    >> Unfortunatly I cant add PCI firewire card to this PC since its a home
    >> theatre PC that only has one PCI slot (already in use).
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > I may have several at work but cannot check until Monday.
    >
    > Happy to send one down at no cost if I can find one.....

    That would be awesome if possible. Let me know.
    sub, Jun 23, 2006
  8. sub

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-06-23, sub <> wrote:
    > I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >
    > I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been using for
    > a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire) ports on
    > this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable that came with it
    > for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get a
    > replacement for something like this?

    if in Christchurch I can give you one for free (we have a bucket full at
    work - may have a different pinout) pinout can be matched for $10 (it'd
    mean me downloading the manuals for your board and the one mine belonged to
    (Epia brand Via based mimi ITX) and comparing pinouts and adjusting) no
    guarrantees I'llĀ ge it right.

    comes as a pair bolted to a slot cover.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Jun 23, 2006
  9. sub

    sub Guest

    "jasen" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-06-23, sub <> wrote:
    >> I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to do.
    >>
    >> I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been using
    >> for
    >> a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire) ports on
    >> this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable that came with
    >> it
    >> for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get a
    >> replacement for something like this?

    > if in Christchurch I can give you one for free (we have a bucket full at
    > work - may have a different pinout) pinout can be matched for $10 (it'd
    > mean me downloading the manuals for your board and the one mine belonged
    > (Epia brand Via based mimi ITX) and comparing pinouts and adjusting) no
    > guarrantees I'll ge it right.
    >
    > comes as a pair bolted to a slot cover.

    I just compared the pin outs from an online Epia M10000 manual to that from
    my FIC P4-865PE manual. Conveniently they have the same pin out. I'm not in
    Christchurch, but I'm happy to send you $20 if you could send one up to me
    in Wellington.

    If you can help me out, you can send me a message at hondo at paradise dot
    net dot nz. Cheers.
    sub, Jun 25, 2006
  10. sub

    SteveM Guest

    "sub" <> wrote in news:449def25$:

    > "jasen" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-06-23, sub <> wrote:
    >>> I'm scratching me head over this one, and not really sure what to
    >>> do.
    >>>
    >>> I've got machine with a FIC P4-865PE motherboard, which I've been
    >>> using for
    >>> a couple of years. I've now got need to use the 1394 (firewire)
    >>> ports on this motherboard, but I cant find the original 1394 cable
    >>> that came with it
    >>> for connecting to the motherboard header pins. Where could I get a
    >>> replacement for something like this?

    >> if in Christchurch I can give you one for free (we have a bucket full
    >> at work - may have a different pinout) pinout can be matched for $10
    >> (it'd mean me downloading the manuals for your board and the one mine
    >> belonged to
    >> (Epia brand Via based mimi ITX) and comparing pinouts and adjusting)
    >> no guarrantees I'll ge it right.
    >>
    >> comes as a pair bolted to a slot cover.
    >>

    > I just compared the pin outs from an online Epia M10000 manual to that
    > from my FIC P4-865PE manual. Conveniently they have the same pin out.
    > I'm not in Christchurch, but I'm happy to send you $20 if you could
    > send one up to me in Wellington.
    >
    > If you can help me out, you can send me a message at hondo at paradise
    > dot net dot nz. Cheers.

    Hey Sub,
    I found one at work. It's a single port only though.

    Happy to post to you at no cost and include a well overdue donation to
    the GBPVR fund. (Bigted on GBPVR forums)

    Remove the obvious from my email address to get me.

    SteveM
    SteveM, Jun 26, 2006