    site telling me how to install it but not where to get it from. Please can
    anyone tell me how and where to download proset 7.1.3.0, it is the only one
    that is recommended for use with SP2

    Headtheball, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Headtheball

    Lance Guest

    Re: where to get latest Drivers for Intel Pro/wireless 2100 minipci adapter

    Says here:
    <http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Headtheball

    Headtheball Guest

    Hi Lance,
    Thanks but I got them from HP site 25mb download, newest drivers with a
    great utility. Got the laptop working again and all is looking fine in my
    house at the moment. One PC left to go now and then we will all have our own
    freedom to surf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvellous

    Headtheball, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Headtheball

    Pavel A. Guest

    The following explains why you need to get these updates from
    manufacturer of your laptop and not directly from Intel,
    or manufacturer of any other machine:

    "Intel is a supplier of notebook components and does not manufacture or
    sell complete notebook systems. ... Each notebook computer
    original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features,
    incorporated customizations, or made other changes. Please refer to your
    manufacturer for information specific to your notebook computer."
    ftp://download.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/relnotes81044.txt

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 9, 2004
  5. Headtheball

    Lance Guest

    Re: where to get latest Drivers for Intel Pro/wireless 2100 minipci adapter

    Headtheball, what was the problem you were having with your network? How
    are you solving it? As I recall you were having more problems than others.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Headtheball

    Headtheball Guest

    Sorry Lance I should have replied as I know that it could help others.
    Firstly I went out and bought a Belkin 54g wireless card for an old laptop
    of mine which has been completely reformatted and only has the OS on it, I
    set up a defensless network, no wep etc etc and called it Dave, I let
    windows configure the settings and presto the laptop picked up the network
    and allowed me to access the web.
    I then backed up and formatted My main PC, then without connection to the
    internet I installed SP2 and configured it then enabled the firewall and
    accessed the internet, Installed my AV (Panda Titanium 2004).
    On my Packard Bell Lappy, I backed up and ran a destructive recovery,
    restoring the whole system to factory settings and then installed SP2 then
    all the other bits and bobs. I have one more machine to do today, My sons PC
    which has 60gb of data probably on a heavily fragmented C Drive (mostly
    music files). I will most probably buy another larger HD and partition it
    and then reinstall the OS and install SP2.

    Here is a little tip for anyone with a PB lappy E5142, If you cannot get the
    network card to fire up ie it always has a red x through its icon on the
    desktop it is trned off. The way to turn it on again is to depress the
    function key and F1 and it will switch on,

    Headtheball, Sep 10, 2004