    swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Spinbot

    Spinbot, May 9, 2006

  2. Spinbot

    Spinbot Guest

    Anyone?

    Spinbot, May 10, 2006

  3. Spinbot

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > "Spinbot" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry if this topic has been discussed, however as I just subscibed
    >> to this
    >> newgroup, my ISP didn't have much in terms of older postings.
    >>
    >> I use to download covers from covers.to, however they have
    >> disappeared.
    >> I know of cdcovers.cc , however the quality isn't as good.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if their is a newsgroup or alternate website where
    >> we can
    >> swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?
    >>
    >> Thank you for your assistance.

    The movie studios frown on the sharing of cover art, as they feel it
    promotes bootlegging. Lucasfilm and Disney, for example, have filed
    litigation against several sites that offered cover art for their
    movies, and effectively shut those sites down.

    Joshua Zyber, May 10, 2006
  4. Spinbot

    Biz Guest

    Why not scan your covers yourself from your originals you are backing
    up...trading would only make sense for someone that doesnt own the dvds they
    are copying....

    Biz, May 11, 2006
  5. Spinbot

    Spinbot Guest

    I've tried scanning them, however once I remove the cardboard and place on
    scanner, the copy it makes is really crappy. I am refering to my Warner
    Bros. and New Line DVD's that came in the different style of case.

    Spinbot, May 13, 2006
  6. Spinbot

    Guest

    Spinbot wrote:

    > I've tried scanning them, however once I remove the cardboard and place on
    > scanner, the copy it makes is really crappy. I am refering to my Warner
    > Bros. and New Line DVD's that came in the different style of case.

    1) Try scanning as a color document rather than a color photo.
    2) You may need a better scanner/printer.

    , May 13, 2006
  7. Spinbot

    kaasiis

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,

    I saw this post a bit late, but I have personally been very happy with dvdcoverlinks.com

    Compared to the other hires sites dvdcoverlinks is free and it has only high resolution dvd covers. They are still pretty new I believe, but already more than 6300 covers ++ and growing.

    Worth checking out. 8)

    kaasiis, Nov 23, 2008
  8. Spinbot

    TomskiBOTN

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Sorry for the late reply but I had to let you knwo about two great resources for high res covers one is

    coversdaddy.com and the other is highrescovers.com

    TomskiBOTN, Nov 23, 2009