    Somewhere where I can stop them to start next time.

    Thanks.

    Arnaud

    Arno and Triny, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Arno and Triny

    colin Guest

    Arno and Triny <> wrote in message
    news:402f4c8f$0$15134$...
    > Can you tell me how can I find all the program that run on the back on my
    > computer on starter appart doing in the task management.
    > Somewhere where I can stop them to start next time.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Arnaud

    msconfig?

    colin, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Arno and Triny

    Stu Guest

    One place to look is in the registry under the following registry keys:-

    Another thing to try is MSCONFIG (on OS's that support it such as 98 and
    ME) Click start and run. In run type msconfig. From here you should be
    able check the check boxes to stop a program from starting.

    If your using Windows 2000 or XP then, Control Panel, Admin Tools,
    Computer Management. Click on System Tools, System Info, System
    Environment, Startup Programs.

    Before doing any of this its probably worth running a program such as
    Spybot to remove any Spyware and Adaware thats starting up that shouldnt
    be there. Leaving only the true startup programs listed.

    Stu, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Arno and Triny

    Todd Howard Guest

    You can use msconfig for XP also.....