    I have WIN XP Home as my O/S

    Thx

    Jay
    J, Feb 25, 2004

  2. J

    br1ght Guest

    Watch the monitor as the bios checks the memory, it
    will likely either list the amount or count up to the
    amount. If it give the result in bytes, divide the
    number by 1024 and you find out how many megs you have
    on board. The number of megs you have may be slightly
    higher than what the count says.

    There are also progs that can count or check your
    memory such as SiSoft Sandra (unfortunately it is well
    known for crashing machines especially older machines)
    or boot into a knoptix environment and do a memory
    check.
    --
    br1ght
    _____________________________
    "J" <> wrote in message
    ers.com...
    > Can anyone tell me where I can find out how much RAM

    i'm running on my

    br1ght, Feb 25, 2004

  3. > Can anyone tell me where I can find out how much RAM i'm running on my
    > computer?
    >
    > I have WIN XP Home as my O/S

    Click - My Computer/View System Information

    This should bring up System Properties
    Click the General Tab.. That should show how much ram you have

    or

    Click My Computer
    Control Panel/System/General Tab

    Depends on how you have your system set whether in is viewing the
    default or classic view layout

    FORT Freeware: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Feb 25, 2004
  4. J

    Patrick Guest

    J wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me where I can find out how much RAM i'm running on my
    > computer?
    >
    > I have WIN XP Home as my O/S
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Jay

    'start' button
    'All Programs >'
    'Accessories >'
    'System Tools >'
    'System Information'
    With 'System Summary' in left-pane highlighted (clicked), look in right hand
    pane for;
    'Total Physical Memory' (about 18th item down)
    Patrick, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Some time, on or about: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:34:03 -0600, "br1ght"
    <nitrox_frogy@/screw_your_spam/.yahoo.com> was criminally insane in my
    professional opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >Watch the monitor as the bios checks the memory, it
    >will likely either list the amount or count up to the
    >amount. If it give the result in bytes, divide the
    >number by 1024 and you find out how many megs you have
    >on board. The number of megs you have may be slightly
    >higher than what the count says.
    >
    >There are also progs that can count or check your
    >memory such as SiSoft Sandra (unfortunately it is well
    >known for crashing machines especially older machines)
    >or boot into a knoptix environment and do a memory
    >check.
    >--
    >br1ght

    For someone with the moniker br1ght, you ain't too birght. Though it's
    true you can usually see how much RAM you have at boot up, obviously
    this newbie either doesn't see it or his PC doesn't bring it up. Plus,
    why download and install that SiSoft shit when all you have to do is
    look in the General tab in System? You can find the System icon either
    in Control Panel or right click on My Computer, then click on
    Properties. Then, if you want to find out a little more about your
    system resources, you can always go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/
    System Tools/ System Information and find out lots of other neat-o
    things along with how much physical RAM you have. Why do you schmucks
    always need to make things more difficult?

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    ___________________________

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Feb 25, 2004
  6. <snip>
    :: ___________________________
    ::: "J" <> wrote in message
    ::: news:6DX_b.10496$
    ::: ers.com...
    :::: Can anyone tell me where I can find out how much RAM
    ::: i'm running on my
    :::: computer?
    ::::
    :::: I have WIN XP Home as my O/S
    ::::
    :::: Thx
    ::::
    :::: Jay

    Another relatively painless way is to do start>run>dxdiag.. Which will
    answer the question and tell you all sorts of other things you really wanted
    to know. Just a thought!
    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  7. J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor said:

    > Some time, on or about: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:34:03 -0600, "br1ght"
    > <nitrox_frogy@/screw_your_spam/.yahoo.com> was criminally insane in my
    > professional opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:
    >
    >> Watch the monitor as the bios checks the memory, it
    >> will likely either list the amount or count up to the
    >> amount. If it give the result in bytes, divide the
    >> number by 1024 and you find out how many megs you have
    >> on board. The number of megs you have may be slightly
    >> higher than what the count says.
    >>
    >> There are also progs that can count or check your
    >> memory such as SiSoft Sandra (unfortunately it is well
    >> known for crashing machines especially older machines)
    >> or boot into a knoptix environment and do a memory
    >> check.
    >> --
    >> br1ght

    > For someone with the moniker br1ght, you ain't too birght. Though it's
    > true you can usually see how much RAM you have at boot up, obviously
    > this newbie either doesn't see it or his PC doesn't bring it up. Plus,
    > why download and install that SiSoft shit when all you have to do is
    > look in the General tab in System? You can find the System icon either
    > in Control Panel or right click on My Computer, then click on
    > Properties. Then, if you want to find out a little more about your
    > system resources, you can always go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/
    > System Tools/ System Information and find out lots of other neat-o
    > things along with how much physical RAM you have. Why do you schmucks
    > always need to make things more difficult?
    >
    > Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    I liked this bit

    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004
  8. J

    Patrick Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor said:
    >
    >> Some time, on or about: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:34:03 -0600, "br1ght"
    >> <nitrox_frogy@/screw_your_spam/.yahoo.com> was criminally insane in
    >> my professional opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:
    >>
    >>> Watch the monitor as the bios checks the memory, it
    >>> will likely either list the amount or count up to the
    >>> amount. If it give the result in bytes, divide the
    >>> number by 1024 and you find out how many megs you have
    >>> on board. The number of megs you have may be slightly
    >>> higher than what the count says.
    >>>
    >>> There are also progs that can count or check your
    >>> memory such as SiSoft Sandra (unfortunately it is well
    >>> known for crashing machines especially older machines)
    >>> or boot into a knoptix environment and do a memory
    >>> check.
    >>> --
    >>> br1ght

    >> For someone with the moniker br1ght, you ain't too birght. Though
    >> it's true you can usually see how much RAM you have at boot up,
    >> obviously this newbie either doesn't see it or his PC doesn't bring
    >> it up. Plus, why download and install that SiSoft shit when all you
    >> have to do is look in the General tab in System? You can find the
    >> System icon either in Control Panel or right click on My Computer,
    >> then click on Properties. Then, if you want to find out a little
    >> more about your system resources, you can always go to Start/
    >> Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ System Information and find out
    >> lots of other neat-o things along with how much physical RAM you
    >> have. Why do you schmucks always need to make things more difficult?
    >>
    >> Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    >>

    > I liked this bit
    > "The number of megs you have may be slightly higher than what the
    > count says."

    The 'slightly' being the 16MB (or what) taken by an onboard video.
    (or what :) !)

    Patrick, Feb 25, 2004