    PLEASE tell me where it is? Thank you ever so much!
    XP SP2
    Monica
    Monica, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Monica

    D.Mobster Guest

    Check out Power Options in Control Panel. The drive power down option
    is under Power Schemes.

    -David

    http://inet.phpnet.us

    D.Mobster, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Well, it's official. I'm as dim-witted as I thought :eek: Thanks David. I
    thought I set that somewhere in Admin tools when I installed the harddrive a
    year ago. Power Options was one of the first places I looked but didn't see
    an option for EACH drive and assumed the setting was for the C drive. So,
    can you NOT assign an idle time for each hard drive? Changing it has worked
    but I sure thought I was able to set an idle time for a specific drive.
    Thanks again,
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Monica

    D.Mobster Guest

    It's nothing to get you worked up about, happens to everyone. In the
    future save a trip and a few dollars, ask a questions here.

    -Best
    David

    http://inet.phpnet.us

    D.Mobster, Jul 5, 2006
  5. Monica

    Monica Guest

    :) I've been in and out of this newsgroup for years, just haven't needed
    any help in a long time
    and certainly didn't want to have to ask for help with such a elementary
    thing <lol>

    Monica, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Monica

    ProfGene Guest

    Monica wrote:
    > I've looked in every nook and cranny on this Dell 8400 and I can NOT find
    > where I assigned my backup drive to power down after 15 minutes of idle
    > time. Would like to change that back so that it stays on. Can someone
    > PLEASE tell me where it is? Thank you ever so much!
    > XP SP2
    > Monica

    You should be able to set the idle time in Control Panel, Power Options.
    ProfGene, Jul 24, 2006