Where to find Java for X64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard G Carruthers, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Can someone tell me where to download java for XP64

    Richard
    Richard G Carruthers, Nov 23, 2005

  2. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/system-configurations.html Scroll down to
    the row that list XP Pro x64. Click on the install link to the right.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 23, 2005

  3. This is the page for choosing the version:
    https://sdlcweb1a.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=6DD61D7DC1EB2E5D4761CB87ED55C790
    Down the page you will find "Windows AMD64 Platform - J2SE(TM) Runtime
    Environment 5.0 Update 5".
    Please note that though Java will be installed you will have no support in
    Internet Explorer.
    This info can be found at:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/system-configurations.html
    See the columns "Version" and "Browsers".
    Browsers are "(Not supported) " in "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition "
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 23, 2005
  4. When I say "no support in Internet Explorer" what I really mean is no support
    in Internet Explorer 64 bits.
    By installing the 32-bit version of Java you will have that support in the
    32 bit version (default) of Internet Explorer.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 23, 2005
  5. ja·va (jäv, jv)
    n. Informal
    Brewed coffee. In your coffee pot. or in a map

    Ja·va 1 (jäv, jv)
    An island of Indonesia separated from Borneo by the Java Sea, an arm of the
    western Pacific Ocean. Center of an early Hindu Javanese civilization, Java
    was converted to Islam before the arrival of the Europeans (mainly the Dutch)
    in the late 16th century.

    Jesus is Lord

    =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=, Nov 24, 2005