Where to Find Cisco TAN Mapped to Part Numbers?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Will, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Will

    Will Guest

    For reasons I have never understood, Cisco implements CLEI codes for telecom
    products using its TAN numbers (e.g., 800-08702-01). But customers end up
    buying cards using marketing part numbers like 15454-OC481LR1550.
    Occasionally you get a Cisco technical note that cross references these two
    types of numbering systems, but rarely are such notes comprehensive. Is
    there a place that Cisco publishes the relationships in a more comprehensive
    fashion than just technical notes?

    For a specific case, I'm trying to determine which Cisco marketing part
    numbers are associated with these TANs:

    800-08702-01 101601 SNTUDCWBAA CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER TRANSCEIVER
    OC-48 LR
    800-08702-02 101605 SNTUDCWBAB CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER TRANSCEIVER
    OC-48 LR
    800-08702-03 101606 SNTUDCXBAA CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER TRANSCEIVER
    OC-48 LR
    800-08702-04 107740 SNTUDCXBAB CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER TRANSCEIVER
    OC-48 LR
    800-08702-01* 264438 SNTUFCMBAA CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER =101601
    SNTUDCWBAA OTH
    800-08702-02* 290457 SNTUFCMBAB CISCO SYSTEMS INC TRANSCEIVER =101605
    SNTUDCWBAB DXD

    Possible candidates include:

    15454-OC48LR1550A
    15454-OC481LR1550A
    15454-OC481LR1550
    15454-OC48LR1550
    15454-OC48LR1550W

    Some technical notes suggest that some of these TANs are shared across
    different marketing numbers, which only serves to grow my confusion on the
    issue, and to increase the need for a comprehensive cross reference.

    --
    Will
    Will, Jan 23, 2008