    Thank you in advance,

    Angela.

    , Jul 31, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am compiling 10 sound clips and i want each of the sound clips to be
    > introduced with a short professional sounding *.wav file that says
    > "Number 1", then the next clip will be introduced with a *.wav file
    > saying "Number 2" etc etc.
    >
    > Can anyone advise me of a site that i can download some short clips
    > which will be suitable ?

    Why not create your own, with Sound Recorder (In Windows) ?.

    beenthere, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Guest

    I haven't got a microphone - Is there a way to use Sound Recorder
    to automatically record what i type and save it as a *.wav file ?

    If so, that would make it easy - but i have just had a look at all the
    options on the File Menu of Sound Recorder within XP and that feature
    doesn't appear to be an option.

    I have also typed in a search engine "wav file numbering", "counting
    wav file" and a few other variations but cannot seem to find a site
    that has what i am after.

    Can anyone post a link here that might have what i am after ?

    Many thanks,
    Angela

  4. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:06:19 +1000, Angela wrote:

    > Subject: Re: Where to download spoken wav files Number1, Number2 etc
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:06:19 +1000
    >
    > I haven't got a microphone - Is there a way to use Sound Recorder to
    > automatically record what i type and save it as a *.wav file ?

    Go buy a mic for 5 bucks.
    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 31, 2006
  5. TGS Guest

    wrote:
    > I haven't got a microphone - Is there a way to use Sound Recorder
    > to automatically record what i type and save it as a *.wav file ?
    >
    > If so, that would make it easy - but i have just had a look at all the
    > options on the File Menu of Sound Recorder within XP and that feature
    > doesn't appear to be an option.
    >
    > I have also typed in a search engine "wav file numbering", "counting
    > wav file" and a few other variations but cannot seem to find a site
    > that has what i am after.
    >
    > Can anyone post a link here that might have what i am after ?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Angela
    >
    > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:41:24 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> I am compiling 10 sound clips and i want each of the sound clips to be
    > >> introduced with a short professional sounding *.wav file that says
    > >> "Number 1", then the next clip will be introduced with a *.wav file
    > >> saying "Number 2" etc etc.
    > >>
    > >> Can anyone advise me of a site that i can download some short clips
    > >> which will be suitable ?
    > >>

    > >Why not create your own, with Sound Recorder (In Windows) ?.

    hth
    http://tinyurl.com/kqqpc

    TGS, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am compiling 10 sound clips and i want each of the sound clips to be
    > introduced with a short professional sounding *.wav file that says
    > "Number 1", then the next clip will be introduced with a *.wav file
    > saying "Number 2" etc etc.
    >
    > Can anyone advise me of a site that i can download some short clips
    > which will be suitable ?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Angela.

    Try looking in sites like the following:
    http://www.wavsite.com/sounds.asp?id=67

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Jul 31, 2006
  7. wrote:

    > I haven't got a microphone - Is there a way to use Sound Recorder
    > to automatically record what i type and save it as a *.wav file ?

    Dig for your old cassette recorder with builtin mic or whatever.
    Record your announcements.
    Connect the earphone jack to line-in of your soundcard using a cheap cable.
    Record the stuff with sound recorder, taking care of volume settings.

    Walter Mautner, Aug 1, 2006
  8. Frosty Guest

    On or about Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:06:19 +1000, an entity identified as
    proudly proclaimed:

    >I haven't got a microphone

    Do you have an old headphone?
    You can sue a headphone as a mic. Just plug it into the mic jack.
    No really.

    Frosty

    Frosty, Aug 6, 2006