    Thanks

    KN
    , Aug 26, 2006

  2. Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/26/2006 12:59 AM, wrote:
    > I am looking for Firefox 0.8 or one of the other older versions. It's
    > not on mozilla.org.
    > Where can I find it to download?

    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases

    > By the way, if I downgrade from 1.5, is running uninstall enough, or
    > do I need to manually edit my registry to remove all traces of firefox
    > before installing the older version?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > KN

    Do that and delete the old FF program folder after you
    uninstall and before you install the new (old) version.

    To be safe, I would create a new profile for the new
    installation because older versions of FF might not like
    profiles modified by the newer versions of FF.
    Mumia W., Aug 26, 2006

    --
    Peter

    This tagline is brought to you by the letter "C".
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:03:05 GMT, "Mumia W."
    <> wrote:

    >On 08/26/2006 12:59 AM, wrote:
    >> I am looking for Firefox 0.8 or one of the other older versions. It's
    >> not on mozilla.org.
    >> Where can I find it to download?
    >>

    >ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases
    >

    >> By the way, if I downgrade from 1.5, is running uninstall enough, or
    >> do I need to manually edit my registry to remove all traces of firefox
    >> before installing the older version?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> KN

    >Do that and delete the old FF program folder after you
    >uninstall and before you install the new (old) version.
    >
    >To be safe, I would create a new profile for the new
    >installation because older versions of FF might not like
    >profiles modified by the newer versions of FF.

    Thanks for the link and the help.
    How does someone create a new profile? Does that happen during
    installation? Should I delete the c:\windows\applications\mozilla
    directory completely, before I install the new (old) one?

    KN
    , Aug 26, 2006
  5. wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:03:05 GMT, "Mumia W."
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>On 08/26/2006 12:59 AM, wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am looking for Firefox 0.8 or one of the other older versions. It's
    >>>not on mozilla.org.
    >>>Where can I find it to download?
    >>>

    >>ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases
    >>

    >>>By the way, if I downgrade from 1.5, is running uninstall enough, or
    >>>do I need to manually edit my registry to remove all traces of firefox
    >>>before installing the older version?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>KN
    >>>

    >>Do that and delete the old FF program folder after you
    >>uninstall and before you install the new (old) version.
    >>
    >>To be safe, I would create a new profile for the new
    >>installation because older versions of FF might not like
    >>profiles modified by the newer versions of FF.
    >>

    >Thanks for the link and the help.
    >How does someone create a new profile? Does that happen during
    >installation? Should I delete the c:\windows\applications\mozilla
    >directory completely, before I install the new (old) one?
    >
    >KN

    You can add a new profile on installation ,or after installing use the
    profile manager

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
    --
    Peter

    Excuse me, is this tagline taken?
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 26, 2006
  6. Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/26/2006 11:30 AM, wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:03:05 GMT, "Mumia W."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 08/26/2006 12:59 AM, wrote:
    >>> I am looking for Firefox 0.8 or one of the other older versions. It's
    >>> not on mozilla.org.
    >>> Where can I find it to download?
    >>>

    >> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases
    >>

    >>> By the way, if I downgrade from 1.5, is running uninstall enough, or
    >>> do I need to manually edit my registry to remove all traces of firefox
    >>> before installing the older version?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> KN

    >> Do that and delete the old FF program folder after you
    >> uninstall and before you install the new (old) version.
    >>
    >> To be safe, I would create a new profile for the new
    >> installation because older versions of FF might not like
    >> profiles modified by the newer versions of FF.

    > Thanks for the link and the help.
    > How does someone create a new profile?

    Open a DOS box in Windows and type this:

    firefox -profilemanager

    > Does that happen during
    > installation?

    No

    > Should I delete the c:\windows\applications\mozilla
    > directory completely, before I install the new (old) one?

    Yes

    > KN

    But beware: your FF profile data is stored separately from the
    FF application, and FF 1.5 probably converted your FF 1.0
    profile to only work with FF 1.5 (i.e. destroyed it), so you
    need to create a new profile using "firefox -profilemanager"
    right after you install the new (old) FF.

    P.S.
    Ignore the following advice:

    It's probably about time you reinstalled Windows. When I was
    using 16-bit Windows, I learned that Windows had to be
    reinstalled every couple of years, or it would become unstable
    due to DLL and application conflicts as well as configuration
    file cruft.

    YMMV, IANAWUA (I am not a Windows user anymore), VWP (void
    where prohibited), MCTON (may contain traces of nuts), PIGN
    (please ignore).
    Mumia W., Aug 26, 2006