where to download IzyMail proxy software pre-v.3?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Hi,

    I was looking to download the IzyMail software, which can take a
    Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. webmail account and run it through an IMAP or POP3
    proxy. However, the people who make it (izymail.com) are saying that as
    of version 3, they will stop even offering previous versions for
    download, and instead just go entirely to an online version of the
    proxy--all your messages have to go through their servers and you have
    to sign up. I would much prefer a solution that remains on my own
    computer, running in the background as a proxy; I know there are
    numerous similar solutions out there, but they are all POP3 only and I
    would like IMAP. Does anyone have a copy of the IzyMail v.1 or v.2
    installer program sitting around that I could use? I can't find it
    through Google or anywhere like that.

    Oh, by the way: I will be scanning anything that I get with my antivirus
    and antispyware programs, so don't try to sneak anything in there. :)

    Thanks in advance.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006

  2. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    AnonyMouse wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was looking to download the IzyMail software, which can take a
    > Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. webmail account and run it through an IMAP or POP3
    > proxy. However, the people who make it (izymail.com) are saying that as
    > of version 3, they will stop even offering previous versions for
    > download, and instead just go entirely to an online version of the
    > proxy--all your messages have to go through their servers and you have
    > to sign up. I would much prefer a solution that remains on my own
    > computer, running in the background as a proxy; I know there are
    > numerous similar solutions out there, but they are all POP3 only and I
    > would like IMAP. Does anyone have a copy of the IzyMail v.1 or v.2
    > installer program sitting around that I could use? I can't find it
    > through Google or anywhere like that.
    >
    > Oh, by the way: I will be scanning anything that I get with my antivirus
    > and antispyware programs, so don't try to sneak anything in there. :)
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Oh by the way, I forgot to mention: If you have a copy of the installer
    sitting around, you can send it to my by email (something like
    yousendit.com or another similar big-file-sending site would be
    necessary for this, because I use a disposable email address for
    ANYTHING on usenet and it doesn't receive attachments). If somebody has
    it I'll tell them my email address in an anti-spam-bot-obfuscated form,
    but I won't post it just yet.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006

  3. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://www.sharewareriver.com/products/1255.htm

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Sep 15, 2006
  4. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I was looking to download the IzyMail software, which can take a
    >> Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. webmail account and run it through an IMAP or
    >> POP3 proxy. However, the people who make it (izymail.com) are saying
    >> that as of version 3, they will stop even offering previous versions
    >> for download, and instead just go entirely to an online version of the
    >> proxy--all your messages have to go through their servers and you have
    >> to sign up. I would much prefer a solution that remains on my own
    >> computer, running in the background as a proxy; I know there are
    >> numerous similar solutions out there, but they are all POP3 only and I
    >> would like IMAP. Does anyone have a copy of the IzyMail v.1 or v.2
    >> installer program sitting around that I could use? I can't find it
    >> through Google or anywhere like that.
    >>
    >> Oh, by the way: I will be scanning anything that I get with my
    >> antivirus and antispyware programs, so don't try to sneak anything in
    >> there. :)
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > http://www.sharewareriver.com/products/1255.htm

    Thanks, but I tried it and it turned out to be Version 3--which just
    puts a link on your desktop to log in to the online service. Thanks
    anyway though.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006
  5. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I was looking to download the IzyMail software, which can take a
    >>> Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. webmail account and run it through an IMAP or
    >>> POP3 proxy. However, the people who make it (izymail.com) are saying
    >>> that as of version 3, they will stop even offering previous versions
    >>> for download, and instead just go entirely to an online version of
    >>> the proxy--all your messages have to go through their servers and you
    >>> have to sign up. I would much prefer a solution that remains on my
    >>> own computer, running in the background as a proxy; I know there are
    >>> numerous similar solutions out there, but they are all POP3 only and
    >>> I would like IMAP. Does anyone have a copy of the IzyMail v.1 or v.2
    >>> installer program sitting around that I could use? I can't find it
    >>> through Google or anywhere like that.
    >>>
    >>> Oh, by the way: I will be scanning anything that I get with my
    >>> antivirus and antispyware programs, so don't try to sneak anything
    >>> in there. :)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> http://www.sharewareriver.com/products/1255.htm
    >>

    > Thanks, but I tried it and it turned out to be Version 3--which just
    > puts a link on your desktop to log in to the online service. Thanks
    > anyway though.

    Sorry, Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Sep 15, 2006
  6. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> http://www.sharewareriver.com/products/1255.htm
    >>>

    >> Thanks, but I tried it and it turned out to be Version 3--which just
    >> puts a link on your desktop to log in to the online service. Thanks
    >> anyway though.

    > Sorry, Good Luck

    Thanks.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006
  7. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> http://www.sharewareriver.com/products/1255.htm
    >>>

    >> Thanks, but I tried it and it turned out to be Version 3--which just
    >> puts a link on your desktop to log in to the online service. Thanks
    >> anyway though.

    > Sorry, Good Luck

    Oh by the way, how'd you customize the 'Without any hesitation...' part
    in your message? I found from your message source that you use Mozilla
    Thunderbird--I do too, but I can't find that setting.
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006
  8. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:

    >>> Thanks, but I tried it and it turned out to be Version 3--which just
    >>> puts a link on your desktop to log in to the online service. Thanks
    >>> anyway though.

    >> Sorry, Good Luck
    >>

    > Oh by the way, how'd you customize the 'Without any hesitation...' part
    > in your message? I found from your message source that you use Mozilla
    > Thunderbird--I do too, but I can't find that setting.

    In About:Config, I just scrolled down until I seen the word Wrote and
    added to it. About 2/3 way to the bottom of the list.
    mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote

    Old Gringo, Sep 15, 2006
  9. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Old Gringo windbagged:
    > Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> Sorry, Good Luck
    >>>

    >> Oh by the way, how'd you customize the 'Without any hesitation...'
    >> part in your message? I found from your message source that you use
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird--I do too, but I can't find that setting.

    > In About:Config, I just scrolled down until I seen the word Wrote and
    > added to it. About 2/3 way to the bottom of the list.
    > mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote

    Thanks for the tip. Now I've got "So-and-so windbagged:" :)
    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006
  10. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    AnonyMouse windbagged:
    > Old Gringo windbagged:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:

    >>> Oh by the way, how'd you customize the 'Without any hesitation...'
    >>> part in your message? I found from your message source that you use
    >>> Mozilla Thunderbird--I do too, but I can't find that setting.

    >> In About:Config, I just scrolled down until I seen the word Wrote and
    >> added to it. About 2/3 way to the bottom of the list.
    >> mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote
    >>

    > Thanks for the tip. Now I've got "So-and-so windbagged:" :)

    Unfortunately, though, I"ll have to change it back to the default
    because I would really not like that to be in some of my more serious
    email replies, since unfortunately there are no separate settings for
    email and news. :)
    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006
  11. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo windbagged:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:

    >>> Oh by the way, how'd you customize the 'Without any hesitation...'
    >>> part in your message? I found from your message source that you use
    >>> Mozilla Thunderbird--I do too, but I can't find that setting.

    >> In About:Config, I just scrolled down until I seen the word Wrote and
    >> added to it. About 2/3 way to the bottom of the list.
    >> mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote
    >>

    > Thanks for the tip. Now I've got "So-and-so windbagged:" :)

    Thats cool, Took me a while to find where it was. Also time and date
    can be put in but forgot how. :)

    Old Gringo, Sep 16, 2006
  12. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    > AnonyMouse windbagged:
    >> Old Gringo windbagged:

    >>> In About:Config, I just scrolled down until I seen the word Wrote and
    >>> added to it. About 2/3 way to the bottom of the list.
    >>> mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the tip. Now I've got "So-and-so windbagged:" :)

    > Unfortunately, though, I"ll have to change it back to the default
    > because I would really not like that to be in some of my more serious
    > email replies, since unfortunately there are no separate settings for
    > email and news. :)

    You could always use OE for the serious stuff.

    Old Gringo, Sep 16, 2006
  13. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >> AnonyMouse windbagged:
    >>> Old Gringo windbagged:

    >>> Thanks for the tip. Now I've got "So-and-so windbagged:" :)

    >> Unfortunately, though, I"ll have to change it back to the default
    >> because I would really not like that to be in some of my more serious
    >> email replies, since unfortunately there are no separate settings for
    >> email and news. :)

    > You could always use OE for the serious stuff.

    Yeah, I could--on my old Win 98 laptop I used OE for usenet with a
    program called OE-Quotefix that fixes the reply indicator as well as the
    location of the signature (and lets you all that stuff too)--thus making
    it easier to bottom-post. But I am kind of attached to Mozilla
    Thunderbird by now. :) And also, it is kind of embarrassing for people
    to see OE in your message source as your newsreader. :)
    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006
  14. AnonyMouse

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, AnonyMouse Wrote The Following:
    >>> AnonyMouse windbagged:

    >>> Unfortunately, though, I"ll have to change it back to the default
    >>> because I would really not like that to be in some of my more serious
    >>> email replies, since unfortunately there are no separate settings for
    >>> email and news. :)

    >> You could always use OE for the serious stuff.
    >>

    > Yeah, I could--on my old Win 98 laptop I used OE for usenet with a
    > program called OE-Quotefix that fixes the reply indicator as well as the
    > location of the signature (and lets you all that stuff too)--thus making
    > it easier to bottom-post. But I am kind of attached to Mozilla
    > Thunderbird by now. :) And also, it is kind of embarrassing for people
    > to see OE in your message source as your newsreader. :)

    Good Luck in any event. Thunderbird does have its advantages.

    Old Gringo, Sep 16, 2006
  15. AnonyMouse

    AnonyMouse Guest

    AnonyMouse, Sep 17, 2006