    Who are they chatting to? Are they doing anything illegal?

    FREE internet safety information
    http://www.pctattletale.com/cmd.php?af=300997

    Tim Morley, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Tim Morley

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    I know http://www.sipgate.co.uk/voipshop/telephones do them.

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Tim Morley

    paul123 Guest

    www.voiptalk.org do 'em but don't think they take paypal.

    paul123, Aug 13, 2006
  4. Tim Morley

    Graham Guest

    > Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
    > version?
    > I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
    > think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

    There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 13, 2006
  5. Tim Morley

    Tim Morley Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message news:...

    >> Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
    >> version?
    >> I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
    >> think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!
    >>

    > There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
    > --
    >
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    Tim Morley, Aug 14, 2006
  6. Tim Morley

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
    users.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 14, 2006
  7. Tim Morley

    Tim Morley Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
    > users.
    >
    > Ivor

    Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
    also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

    Tim Morley, Aug 14, 2006
  8. Tim Morley

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Tim Morley formulated :
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    >> wrote in message
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    >> They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
    >> users.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    > What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
    > also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

    SPA3000 has only *one* VoIP line for inbound; PSTN connection; multiple
    outgoing providers, inc PSTN.

    Jono, Aug 14, 2006
  9. Tim Morley

    Graham Guest

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    >> They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
    >> users.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    > What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots
    > connection also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land
    > line)

    I'm glad I got my PAP-2 from Currys when I did. Twice the ATA over a
    Grandstream
    and less than half the price (GBP19.99inc)

    I had it liberated from Vonage within minuets of opening the box.

    Best buy I've made this year.
    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 14, 2006
  10. Tim Morley

    paul123 Guest

    Tim Morley wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > > wrote in message
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >
    > >> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    > > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
    > > users.
    > >
    > > Ivor
    > >

    > Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    > What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
    > also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

    The SPA3000 is a cracking ATA, yes, but as Jono points out, its
    limitation is that you only have one voip line in and you can only
    attach one phone to it.

    The PAP2 doesn't have PSTN connectivity which I believe you would like.

    I might be the lone voice on this but the Grandstream 386 might be
    worth considering. It has PSTN connectivity and 2 phones with separate
    accounts can be plugged into it. Its main limitation is that it doesn't
    allow you program dialplans.

    paul123, Aug 14, 2006
  11. Tim Morley

    wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    > > UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >
    > > > Are the Grandstreams not good then?

    > > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are
    > > better for experienced users.

    > Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    > What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with
    > a pots connection also (not just a power fail, but being
    > able to select land line)

    Not sure if any of the Sipuras will actually do this, the 2000 for example
    has 2 ports but no PSTN port. For more than one VoIP port plus a PSTN port
    I'd go for one of the AVM Fritz!Box range - www.avm.de/en - these will
    support up to 10 SIP accounts, all provider-independent, and can be set up
    with dialling rules to selct a certain line for a certain range of
    numbers, for example all 07xxx range mobile numbers can go via the
    provider that you think is cheapest for them, or you can select a line
    manually.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 14, 2006
  12. Tim Morley

    Tim Morley Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    > Tim Morley wrote:
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    >> > wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > [snip]

    >> > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for
    >> > experienced
    >> > users.
    >> >
    >> > Ivor
    >> >

    >> Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    >> What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots
    >> connection
    >> also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

    > The SPA3000 is a cracking ATA, yes, but as Jono points out, its
    > limitation is that you only have one voip line in and you can only
    > attach one phone to it.
    >
    > The PAP2 doesn't have PSTN connectivity which I believe you would like.
    >
    > I might be the lone voice on this but the Grandstream 386 might be
    > worth considering. It has PSTN connectivity and 2 phones with separate
    > accounts can be plugged into it. Its main limitation is that it doesn't
    > allow you program dialplans.

    But you can on the sipuras?
    Anyone combined a orchid v4 dialer (using now) with an ATA?

    Tim Morley, Aug 14, 2006
  13. Tim Morley

    Tim Morley Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    >> > UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > [snip]

    >> > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are
    >> > better for experienced users.

    >> Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
    >> What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with
    >> a pots connection also (not just a power fail, but being
    >> able to select land line)

    > Not sure if any of the Sipuras will actually do this, the 2000 for example
    > has 2 ports but no PSTN port. For more than one VoIP port plus a PSTN port
    > I'd go for one of the AVM Fritz!Box range - www.avm.de/en - these will
    > support up to 10 SIP accounts, all provider-independent, and can be set up
    > with dialling rules to selct a certain line for a certain range of
    > numbers, for example all 07xxx range mobile numbers can go via the
    > provider that you think is cheapest for them, or you can select a line
    > manually.
    >
    > Ivor

    I really want a pstn port during "the transition period" while everyone gets
    used to it and as an easy backup.
    BTW on voip do you have to dial full international codes, or can you program
    them for your local area. ie if just dial 6 digits then it adds everything
    required???

    Cheers for advice so far :)

    Tim Morley, Aug 14, 2006
  14. Tim Morley

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Tim Morley wrote :
    > BTW on voip do you have to dial full international codes, or can you program
    > them for your local area. ie if just dial 6 digits then it adds everything
    > required???

    that's exactly what the dialplan is for

    Jono, Aug 14, 2006
  15. Tim Morley

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > After serious thinking Tim Morley wrote :
    > > BTW on voip do you have to dial full international codes, or can you program
    > > them for your local area. ie if just dial 6 digits then it adds everything
    > > required???

    > that's exactly what the dialplan is for

    I'd just like to expand a little on what's been said, and I hope I'm
    not adding confusion to the situation.

    On most ATAs with pstn connectivity (if not all) you'll be able to dial
    out via pstn by adding a prefix to the number. You think "I want this
    call to gout out via pstn" and so dial the prefix and then the number.
    The ATA then sends that call out via pstn.

    Alternatively, your dialplan can be "pre-programmed" (by you) to send
    certain numbers or ranges of numbers out via whichever route you
    determine - either pstn or voipprovider 1 or voipprovider 2 etc. In an
    imaginary scenario, you could route 1) local calls with 6 digits
    straight out through pstn, 2) long distance calls with 11 digits via
    voipprovider 1 and 3) international calls with 13 digits to your mate
    in Spain via voipprovider 2. This is a very simplified example of what
    a dialplan can do. As Ivor says, you could send out mobile calls
    through a different provider to long distance (both 11 digits).

    paul123, Aug 15, 2006
  16. Tim Morley

    Jono Guest

    paul123 explained on 15/08/2006 :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> After serious thinking Tim Morley wrote :
    >>> BTW on voip do you have to dial full international codes, or can you
    >>> program
    >>> them for your local area. ie if just dial 6 digits then it adds everything
    >>> required???

    >> that's exactly what the dialplan is for

    > I'd just like to expand a little on what's been said, and I hope I'm
    > not adding confusion to the situation.

    Hehe. I had hoped to expand but my keyboard was doing very strange
    things! Whenever I pressed the L, I was logged off, N opened new
    windows. Strange. Had to "type" with cut & paste.

    Jono, Aug 15, 2006
  17. Tim Morley

    paul123 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > paul123 explained on 15/08/2006 :
    > > Jono wrote:
    > >>
    > >> that's exactly what the dialplan is for

    > > I'd just like to expand a little on what's been said, and I hope I'm
    > > not adding confusion to the situation.

    > Hehe. I had hoped to expand but my keyboard was doing very strange
    > things! Whenever I pressed the L, I was logged off, N opened new
    > windows. Strange. Had to "type" with cut & paste.

    Damned ghosts in the machine!

    paul123, Aug 15, 2006