    a studio ?
    ive seen it used with white vinyl where you see the subjects
    reflections in the picture also .

    picture taker, Aug 28, 2008

  2. On Aug 28, 5:45 am, picture taker <> wrote:
    > what kind of plexiglass and where would you buy it from to use for in
    > a studio ?
    > ive seen it used with white vinyl where you see the subjects
    > reflections in the picture also .

    I buy mine at a local sign shop. No one in my area carrys it in stock
    so it has to be ordered. I get 4x8 sheets of "white" and make sure
    it's the "gloss / shiney" finish.

    Depending on what you are using it for depends on the thickness. I
    usually get the 1/8 inch and lay it on a plywood table with white
    seamless under the plex.

    Jeff Roush
    photo instructor
    http://www.roushphotoonline.com

    RoushPhotoOnline.com, Aug 28, 2008

  3. RoushPhotoOnline.com wrote on Thu, 28 Aug 2008 04:15:49 -0700 (PDT):

    > On Aug 28, 5:45 am, picture taker <> wrote:
    >> what kind of plexiglass and where would you buy it from to
    >> use for in a studio ? ive seen it used with white vinyl where
    >> you see the subjects reflections in the picture also .

    > I buy mine at a local sign shop. No one in my area carrys it
    > in stock so it has to be ordered. I get 4x8 sheets of "white"
    > and make sure it's the "gloss / shiney" finish.

    > Depending on what you are using it for depends on the
    > thickness. I usually get the 1/8 inch and lay it on a plywood
    > table with white seamless under the plex.

    Craft stores can be a source and there are places that specialize in
    plastics. There used to be a local one called "Reed Plastics" that I
    used quite a lot in the past tho' I think it is now called Piedmont
    Plastics. I covered my kids' desks with Plexiglas sheets that were heavy
    enough not to need fastening.

    --

    James Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland

    James Silverton, Aug 28, 2008
  4. jeff, i would like to use it for senior and other portraits.
    i have a white(black,blue) seemless vinyl and a tight industrial
    carpet that should do the trick instead of the plywood ?
    i would be doing full lenght shots and also tighter shots on the
    floor .
    im close to a home depot or lowes also close to a glass shop and a few
    sign shops.
    looking for the most inexpensive option for sure .
    thanks.
    picturetaker

    picture taker, Aug 29, 2008
  5. On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 04:15:49 -0700, RoushPhotoOnline.com wrote:

    > On Aug 28, 5:45 am, picture taker <> wrote:
    >> what kind of plexiglass and where would you buy it from to use for in a
    >> studio ?
    >> ive seen it used with white vinyl where you see the subjects
    >> reflections in the picture also .

    > I buy mine at a local sign shop. No one in my area carrys it in stock
    > so it has to be ordered. I get 4x8 sheets of "white" and make sure it's
    > the "gloss / shiney" finish.
    >
    > [snip]

    There are two types of "white" plex: warm, which is slightly reddish;
    and one cool with a decided bluish look. You want the bluish one. It's
    designed for photography--light tables, etc. and gives "neutral" color.
    The warmish one imparts a very red color cast.

    Stef

    Stefan Patric, Aug 29, 2008