Where to buy DVD's other than region 1? (Just got a region free player)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DVDfanatico, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that sell DVDs
    from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds in different
    languages, that's why I ask.

    I would also like suggestions of websites. This forum already mentioned two
    Italian sites: http://www.dvdland.it and http://www.dvd.it

    I also know of Amazon.fr and Amazon.de but the shipping seems high (about 16
    Euros to ship one disc). That's more than the price for the disc itself.

    Have DVD's caught on in Spain or Portugal or Russia?

    I just got a region free DVD player from Ebay and am anxious to try it out.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Feb 11, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    El stinky Guest

    DVDfanatico wrote:
    > Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that
    > sell DVDs from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds
    > in different languages, that's why I ask.

    Give Chinatown a shot.
    --
    _________________________________
    Home Of The Tiltwheel

    El stinky, Feb 11, 2004

  3. DVDfanatico

    Andrew Venor Guest

    Re: Where to buy DVD's other than region 1? (Just got a region freeplayer)

    El stinky wrote:
    > DVDfanatico wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that
    >>sell DVDs from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds
    >>in different languages, that's why I ask.
    >>

    > Give Chinatown a shot.

    Or try some of the shops along Webster St. in Oakland's Chinatown too.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Feb 11, 2004