    Melbourne? I’ve been having a look around and most of the book shops are
    selling cert books for $120 or $130 when you can get them off Amazon for
    about $70 delivered.
    Buyer, Apr 2, 2009

  2. "Buyer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of a good place to purchase certification books in
    > Melbourne? I’ve been having a look around and most of the book shops are
    > selling cert books for $120 or $130 when you can get them off Amazon for
    > about $70 delivered.

    Just a function of Amazon's lower overhead, higher volume; not to mention
    the shipping costs to get those books from North America to Oz. Since the
    books are already in North America for amazon.com, the $70 is just the
    application of the USD-AUD exchange rate (not including shipping costs to
    AU, right?).

    The $120 retail price includes:
    [a] The exchange rate at the time of wholesale purchase;
    The already encumbered shipping costs to Oz; and
    [c] The store's retail markup to cover it's own expenses.

    I'd suggest buying from Amazon. Who knows, maybe Amazon actually has a
    warehouse in Australia and you can get overnight shipping for free on top of
    that AUD$70 purchase price!

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com