    Anyone knows where i can buy 4500? If not that, which camera has similar
    macro capabilities that I can go for.

    Thanks!
    Nikhil Deo, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Nikhil Deo

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I believe the Nikon 4500 is no longer in production. The new model is the 5400
    I believe and it sells for $715 at NewEgg.com with free shipping.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 24, 2003

  3. "Bob Galvin" <> wrote in message
    > buy a 4500 what?

    Nikon Coolpix 4500 - a super swivel-based design with superb macro
    capabilities....

    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Nikhil Deo

    Guest

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...000069096/all/ref=dp_pb_a/103-3062204-8602258

    Amazon has one like new for $650.
    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/fujif700.html

    Nikhil Deo wrote:

    > I tried buying it from a website but looks like they told me that it was in
    > stock, but in fact it was not and they kept on postponing the delivery. I
    > cancelled my order and now I am scared to buy from these shops.
    >
    > Anyone knows where i can buy 4500? If not that, which camera has similar
    > macro capabilities that I can go for.
    >
    > Thanks!
    , Jul 24, 2003
  5. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:30:17 GMT, "Nikhil Deo"
    <> wrote:

    >I tried buying it from a website but looks like they told me that it was in
    >stock, but in fact it was not and they kept on postponing the delivery. I
    >cancelled my order and now I am scared to buy from these shops.
    >
    >Anyone knows where i can buy 4500? If not that, which camera has similar
    >macro capabilities that I can go for.
    >
    >Thanks!

    Arre bhai, 4500 chod dijiye. Unless you have worked with one and know
    exactly what you are getting, you are unlikely to be happy with this
    camera choice... It is admittedly good for macro, but not much else.

    The following URL will give you some ideas on where else to look for
    good macro capability...

    http://digitcamera.tripod.com/

    S.

    -------------------
    '01 XL1200S - Satan
    '03 FLSTSI - God
    Sandy Sanders, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Nikhil Deo

    STIG Guest

    "Sandy Sanders" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:30:17 GMT, "Nikhil Deo"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I tried buying it from a website but looks like they told me that it was

    in
    > >stock, but in fact it was not and they kept on postponing the delivery. I
    > >cancelled my order and now I am scared to buy from these shops.
    > >
    > >Anyone knows where i can buy 4500? If not that, which camera has similar
    > >macro capabilities that I can go for.
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >

    > Arre bhai, 4500 chod dijiye. Unless you have worked with one and know
    > exactly what you are getting, you are unlikely to be happy with this
    > camera choice... It is admittedly good for macro, but not much else.
    >
    > The following URL will give you some ideas on where else to look for
    > good macro capability...
    >
    > http://digitcamera.tripod.com/
    >
    > S.

    Hey, don't listen to this person, she or he spends more time on here griping
    about it than actually learning how to use it properly. Check this site out
    if you want to see what it's capable of, including action shots that S
    swears it can't do. Don't know why you're having so much trouble getting one
    in the US, there's plenty up here in Canada.

    Rob.
    STIG, Jul 25, 2003