    --
    Many thanks,
    Alex

    Alexander Miha, Nov 7, 2006

  2. On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:26:38 +0000, Alexander Miha <>
    wrote:

    >Last week I finally replaced my well-aged HP with Canon 9900 (thanks
    >to everyone who offered advice and comments) and I am blown away by
    >the prints. I tried several paper brands (Canon, Kodak, Staples)
    >and found that while on matte papers the difference is _really_
    >minimal, if any at all, among glossy papers Canon's (only tried "pro")
    >is the clear winner (although all produce great prints).
    >
    >Any suggestions for getting 13x19 Canon (or equivalent) paper
    >for less than ~$2.50 per page charged at most retail shops; I do
    >not mind buying larger packs. Also, if you have other glossy paper
    >recommendations for Canon 9900, please share them.

    www.atlex.com

    Excellent selection, good prices, quick delivery.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Alexander Miha

    Ace Guest

    ops; I do
    > not mind buying larger packs. Also, if you have other glossy paper
    > recommendations for Canon 9900, please share them.
    >
    > --
    > Many thanks,
    > Alex

    Alex

    inkjetart.com. Great service. Pricing seems fair. I have also watched
    CompUSA for paper and they sometimes have some great prices. And Sams'
    club. COSTCO has some great store brand 8½ X 11. Glossy only.
    Fortunatley I have a printer that does rolls so I am able to take the
    price advantage that goes with roll paper.

    Bob AZ

    Ace, Nov 8, 2006
  4. Alexander Miha

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Alexander Miha <> wrote:

    > Last week I finally replaced my well-aged HP with Canon 9900 (thanks
    > to everyone who offered advice and comments) and I am blown away by
    > the prints. I tried several paper brands (Canon, Kodak, Staples)
    > and found that while on matte papers the difference is _really_
    > minimal, if any at all, among glossy papers Canon's (only tried "pro")
    > is the clear winner (although all produce great prints).
    >
    > Any suggestions for getting 13x19 Canon (or equivalent) paper
    > for less than ~$2.50 per page charged at most retail shops; I do
    > not mind buying larger packs. Also, if you have other glossy paper
    > recommendations for Canon 9900, please share them.

    I use Tetenal Spectra Jet Premium Fine Art Glossy in my 9900 with no
    problem at all. Have been using this combination for over 2 years and
    see no sign of problems with it. Nicest part is that this is an extra
    heavy weight 290 gm paper. Worst part is it is expensive.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Nov 8, 2006
  5. Alexander Miha

    JD Guest

    Alexander Miha wrote:
    > Last week I finally replaced my well-aged HP with Canon 9900 (thanks
    > to everyone who offered advice and comments) and I am blown away by
    > the prints. I tried several paper brands (Canon, Kodak, Staples)
    > and found that while on matte papers the difference is _really_
    > minimal, if any at all, among glossy papers Canon's (only tried "pro")
    > is the clear winner (although all produce great prints).
    >
    > Any suggestions for getting 13x19 Canon (or equivalent) paper
    > for less than ~$2.50 per page charged at most retail shops; I do
    > not mind buying larger packs. Also, if you have other glossy paper
    > recommendations for Canon 9900, please share them.

    I have not tried it yet but one person I know of highly recommends
    Ilford Galerie Classic. He's done archival testing by taping them to
    the OUTSIDE of his house (rain shielded) and comparing them with test
    prints kept in a controlled environment, and they compare favorably. At
    B&H the Ilford ($1.40/sheet 25 pack) seems to be slightly cheaper than
    Canon ($1.95 / sheet - 10 pack). Shipping costs need to be factored in.

    Inkjetart.com has the Ilford slightly cheaper than B&H.

    Note you'll need to download a profile for the Canon, and there's a link
    to Ilford at the inkjetart site.

    I've been contemplating trying the Ilford since Canon does not make a 11
    x 17 paper.

    JD

    JD, Nov 9, 2006
  6. Alexander Miha

    Skip Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message
    > Alexander Miha wrote:
    >> Last week I finally replaced my well-aged HP with Canon 9900 (thanks
    >> to everyone who offered advice and comments) and I am blown away by
    >> the prints. I tried several paper brands (Canon, Kodak, Staples)
    >> and found that while on matte papers the difference is _really_
    >> minimal, if any at all, among glossy papers Canon's (only tried "pro")
    >> is the clear winner (although all produce great prints).
    >>
    >> Any suggestions for getting 13x19 Canon (or equivalent) paper
    >> for less than ~$2.50 per page charged at most retail shops; I do
    >> not mind buying larger packs. Also, if you have other glossy paper
    >> recommendations for Canon 9900, please share them.
    >>

    > I have not tried it yet but one person I know of highly recommends Ilford
    > Galerie Classic. He's done archival testing by taping them to the OUTSIDE
    > of his house (rain shielded) and comparing them with test prints kept in a
    > controlled environment, and they compare favorably. At B&H the Ilford
    > ($1.40/sheet 25 pack) seems to be slightly cheaper than Canon ($1.95 /
    > sheet - 10 pack). Shipping costs need to be factored in.
    >
    > Inkjetart.com has the Ilford slightly cheaper than B&H.
    >
    > Note you'll need to download a profile for the Canon, and there's a link
    > to Ilford at the inkjetart site.
    >
    > I've been contemplating trying the Ilford since Canon does not make a 11 x
    > 17 paper.
    >
    > JD

    I like the Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl best of all of that type of paper.
    Much better than Canon's version, and I use a Canon s9000.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip, Nov 9, 2006
  7. Skip wrote:
    > "JD" <> wrote in message \

    >> I have not tried it yet but one person I know of highly recommends Ilford
    >> Galerie Classic. He's done archival testing by taping them to the OUTSIDE
    >> of his house (rain shielded) and comparing them with test prints kept in a
    >> controlled environment, and they compare favorably. At B&H the Ilford
    >> ($1.40/sheet 25 pack) seems to be slightly cheaper than Canon ($1.95 /
    >> sheet - 10 pack). Shipping costs need to be factored in.
    >>
    >> Inkjetart.com has the Ilford slightly cheaper than B&H.
    >>
    >> Note you'll need to download a profile for the Canon, and there's a link
    >> to Ilford at the inkjetart site.
    >>
    >> I've been contemplating trying the Ilford since Canon does not make a 11 x
    >> 17 paper.

    > I like the Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl best of all of that type of paper.
    > Much better than Canon's version, and I use a Canon s9000.

    I use it on a small home Epson, the R300. I'd recommend this paper even
    if it were mediocre, just for the profiles and great printing
    instructions available on the Ilford site.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Nov 9, 2006
  8. Alexander Miha