Where it all started

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by JaR, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Sep 2, 2004

  2. JaR

    =meanoldman= Guest

    I heard about that on NPR this morning. Today is the 35th anniversary of
    the internet. Well sort of. Today is the anniversary of the installation
    of first computer with wan capabilities but it didn't have a second one to
    communicate with until months later.

    =meanoldman=, Sep 2, 2004

  3. =meanoldman= wrote:
    > I heard about that on NPR this morning. Today is the 35th
    > anniversary of the internet. Well sort of. Today is the anniversary
    > of the installation of first computer with wan capabilities but it
    > didn't have a second one to communicate with until months later.

    Isn't that sort of like inventing ONE telephone? Then waiting a few months
    to make another?

    --
    Fris "Our current hold time is... three months" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 2, 2004
  4. JaR

    Jerz Guest

    Hmmm.... shouldn't Al Gore be in that picture?

    Jerz, Sep 2, 2004
  5. circa Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:42:01 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    () said,
    > =meanoldman= wrote:
    > > I heard about that on NPR this morning. Today is the 35th
    > > anniversary of the internet. Well sort of. Today is the anniversary
    > > of the installation of first computer with wan capabilities but it
    > > didn't have a second one to communicate with until months later.

    > Isn't that sort of like inventing ONE telephone? Then waiting a few months
    > to make another?

    Well, modems were *really* slow back then, so there wasn't a rush or
    anything...
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2004
  6. Laura A. Robinson wrote:
    > circa Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:42:01 -0400, in
    > microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    > () said,
    >> =meanoldman= wrote:
    >>> I heard about that on NPR this morning. Today is the 35th
    >>> anniversary of the internet. Well sort of. Today is the
    >>> anniversary of the installation of first computer with wan
    >>> capabilities but it didn't have a second one to communicate with
    >>> until months later.

    >> Isn't that sort of like inventing ONE telephone? Then waiting a few
    >> months to make another?
    >>

    > Well, modems were *really* slow back then, so there wasn't a rush or
    > anything...

    PotD
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 3, 2004