    check out this free message Board:
    http://members6.boardhost.com/QueensNYer/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Kelly Greene, May 2, 2009

  2. Kelly Greene

    Rom Guest

    On Fri, 1 May 2009 23:14:06 -0500, Kelly Greene wrote:

    > Where are the Temporary Internet Files in MFF? How do I locate them so I
    > can choose which to delete?

    In IE it's called Temporary Internet Files (TIF), but in Firefox it's
    known as the cache. In Vista, which you're using, it's located here:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\Cache
    which is hidden by default in Windows (the setting is in Folder
    Options > View tab, under Hidden files and folders), but the format
    and storage isn't the same as for IE.

    In Firefox, entering about:cache and about:cache?device=disk into
    the location bar will show more info, and the CacheViewer extension
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2489> is a front-end.
    CacheViewer can be used to selectively delete.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, May 2, 2009

  3. Kelly Greene

    Kelly Greene Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 1 May 2009 23:14:06 -0500, in message <gtgham$snc$>
    > "Kelly Greene" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Where are the Temporary Internet Files in MFF?

    > Enter this in the Firefox's URL bar
    >
    > about:cache
    >
    > On the page which appears, the line for "Cache Directory:"
    > tells you where _your_ cache is.
    >

    >> How do I locate them so I
    >> can choose which to delete?

    > Be warned that
    >
    > I. Small items in the cache do not get their own individual cache files.
    > Only the bigger ones do.
    >
    > II. Even for the bigger items with their own individual cache file, the
    > actual
    > cache file names on disk are 'encoded'. They don't look anything like
    > the name in the URL.
    >

    > To match a cached URL with a file in the cache, do this
    >
    > 1. Enter this in the URL bar
    >
    > about:cache?device=disk
    >
    > FF will display a list of URLs in the disk cache.
    >
    > To find the file on disk, click on the URL next to "Key:".
    > FF will open a "cache entry information" page.
    >
    > 2. On the "cache entry information" page, FF will show which file on disk
    > is the cached copy.
    >
    > If "file on disk:" says "none" then this item is too small to have
    > its own individual cache file.
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    > Ralph

    Thanks Guys........ that's the info I needed and wanted. :)
    --
    If you're a past or present resident of

    Kelly Greene, May 3, 2009