where is tsdiscon.exe in Win2k Professional

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by newbies, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. newbies

    newbies Guest

    Tsdiscon.exe

    Hi all

    Does any one know where to locate tsdiscon.exe in Windows 2000 professional?

    I have checked C:\WINNT\system32 folder, I can not find it or does this file
    have another name in Win2k Professional?

    Thanks in advance
    newbies, Nov 15, 2003

  2. newbies

    Gary K Guest

    Newbies,

    tsdiscon, tskill, and several other command line utilities relating to
    managing Terminal Services are installed on Win 2K server when Terminal
    services is installed. You won't find them on a workstation.

    Gary K, Nov 15, 2003

  3. newbies

    Newbies Guest

    Thank you for you Gary for your reply.

    I have a question, this question is not directed at you but everyone in this
    NG and I will appreciate any input from anybody. In Win2k professional when
    you press the key combination of ctrl-alt-del you can lock the computer,
    which exe.file in Win2k professional that can perform the same action?

    Newbies, Nov 15, 2003
  4. newbies

    Bigmaggot Guest

    1.. Right-click the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
    2.. Type %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation in the
    Type the location of the item box, and then click Next.
    3.. Type lock computer in the Type a name for this shortcut box, and then
    click Finish.
    4.. Drag the new shortcut to the Quick Launch bar that is located next to
    the Start button.

    NOTE: If the Quick Launch bar is not displayed, right-click an empty area
    on the taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then click Quick Launch.
    5.. If you right-click an empty area on the taskbar and you do not see the
    Toolbars option, click Lock the Taskbar.

    Andy
    MCSE+UVWXYZ

    Bigmaggot, Nov 17, 2003
  5. newbies

    Newbies Guest

    Thank you Andy for the step by step guide
    "Bigmaggot" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Newbies, Nov 17, 2003