    registry on the XP OS?

    Thank you.
    Delon
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVsb24=?=, Nov 3, 2006

  2. "Delon" wrote:
    > Hi SIr,
    >
    > I would like to create profiles on the wireless client using XP 802.1x
    > supplicant running WPA2 with PEAP. I need to create the SSID wireless profile
    > on about 1000 users. It would be very tedious to do so.
    >
    > Currently I have LANDesk running in my network to remotely manage all my
    > dekstop inventory. I plan to use LANDesk to push the wireless configuration
    > onto each desktop or laptop client just by a single click. I have made much
    > of the setting on the registry but only one items which I failed to find. The
    > missing item is the SSID. May I know where does the SSID is kept in the
    > registry on the XP OS?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Delon

    Please have a look at the new WLAN API for WinXP (currently in public beta)
    It is available on connect.microsoft.com.
    It lets you create profiles easily without tampering with the registry.
    If all your clients have Centrino based machines, you have another option of
    using the PROset software- again, no tampering with the registry.

    Regards,
    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 5, 2006