    they do not say. So far this is the only thing about Firefox I dnlt
    like. Most browsers let you choose where the cache is stored. Not
    with Firefox.

    ß©©ß, Nov 7, 2004

  2. ß©©ß

    Invalid User Guest

    Once upon a time *ß©©ß* wrote:
    > I just installed Firefox, and so far it works great. I was hesitant
    > to install it, because it says minimum computer power is a Pentium
    > 233. This is a P166, so it dont meet the specs. However, I do have
    > it overclocked.
    >
    > Anyhow, I have a "Clear.bat" (batch file) to remove all the junk that
    > accumulates on the computer. It removes the IE "temporary internet
    > files" and temp folder, and much more. I want to add the Firefox
    > cache to it, but where is it? I looked in the "Firefox Help", and
    > they do not say. So far this is the only thing about Firefox I dnlt
    > like. Most browsers let you choose where the cache is stored. Not
    > with Firefox.

    I have the Mozilla Suit, but I can't belive it's different from Firefox
    in this case (either).

    If I go to Preferences > Advanced > Cache, I can se where the cache file
    (toxaru5k.slt) is. Default it's in my profile folder, but I can also
    choose an other folder if i like to do so.

    --
    /Arne

    Invalid User, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Invalid User wrote:
    > Once upon a time *ß©©ß* wrote:
    >
    >>I just installed Firefox, and so far it works great. I was hesitant
    >>to install it, because it says minimum computer power is a Pentium
    >>233. This is a P166, so it dont meet the specs. However, I do have
    >>it overclocked.
    >>
    >>Anyhow, I have a "Clear.bat" (batch file) to remove all the junk that
    >>accumulates on the computer. It removes the IE "temporary internet
    >>files" and temp folder, and much more. I want to add the Firefox
    >>cache to it, but where is it? I looked in the "Firefox Help", and
    >>they do not say. So far this is the only thing about Firefox I dnlt
    >>like. Most browsers let you choose where the cache is stored. Not
    >>with Firefox.

    > I have the Mozilla Suit, but I can't belive it's different from Firefox
    > in this case (either).
    >
    > If I go to Preferences > Advanced > Cache, I can se where the cache file
    > (toxaru5k.slt) is. Default it's in my profile folder, but I can also
    > choose an other folder if i like to do so.

    Firefox does not have a Preferences menu, and there is no indication in
    Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Cache as to where the cache folder is. Its in
    the profile folder. The path varies according to OS, but in win 98 its:

    C:\Windows\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profilename)\xxxxxxxx.slt\Cache

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 7, 2004
  4. ß©©ß

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 04:16:49 -0600, in message
    <>, ß©©ß wrote:

    > I just installed Firefox, and so far it works great. I was hesitant
    > to install it, because it says minimum computer power is a Pentium
    > 233. This is a P166, so it dont meet the specs. However, I do have
    > it overclocked.
    >
    > Anyhow, I have a "Clear.bat" (batch file) to remove all the junk that
    > accumulates on the computer. It removes the IE "temporary internet
    > files" and temp folder, and much more. I want to add the Firefox
    > cache to it, but where is it?

    In a sub-directory named "Cache" in your Firefox profile directory.

    The location of your Firefox profile directory depends on your
    operating system (and in some cases, the operating system version).
    For a list, see http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#profile

    > I looked in the "Firefox Help", and
    > they do not say. So far this is the only thing about Firefox I dnlt
    > like. Most browsers let you choose where the cache is stored. Not
    > with Firefox.

    To choose where your Firefox cache is stored

    1. Enter thus URL in the URL bar about:config

    2. Look for a line where the "Preference Name" is
    "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory".

    3. If there is such a line
    3.1 Right-click on the line
    3.2 Choose "Modify" from the right-click menu
    3.3 Change the value [*] to any directory containing
    a subdirectory named "Cache".

    4. If there is no such line
    4.1 Right-click inside the window
    4.2 Choose "New -> String" from the right-click menu
    4.3 Enter the preference name as "browser.cache.disk.parent_directory"
    (without the quotes), and set the value [*] to any directory
    containing a subdirectory named "Cache".
    Note preference names are case-sensitive.

    [*] If your operating system is Windows or Linux, the value is a
    straight-forward directory path in plain text. You can
    enter this quite easily.

    I don't think you are running MacOS, not on a P166.

    If you were running MacOS, the value could be a base-64 encoded
    block of (partly) binary data. For help knowing what to enter,
    see http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021211052821617

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.

    Ralph Fox, Nov 8, 2004