    Does that make sense, or is there another way to use my backup without
    duplicating 80% of the bookmarks already in the file?

    I love Firefox, but their bookmark system,in more ways than one, SUCKS!

    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Guest

    On Jun 11, 9:23 pm, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
    <> wrote:
    > I've tried finding it with Windows SEARCH but it didn't show them.
    >
    > I had a Windows Crash and had to install a backup copy of Windows XP
    > Pro. However, I luckily backed up my bookmarks yesterday, just before
    > the crash.

    if you know where to back up your bookmarks, then why are you asking
    where is the file?

    > Last time when I tried importing new ones, it merely added the backup
    > to the present file, which meant I had tons of dupes. This time I want
    > to delete the older bookmarks before I import the newer backup.

    thats what it does!

    > Does that make sense, or is there another way to use my backup without
    > duplicating 80% of the bookmarks already in the file?

    when you back up the file, close the program and replace the file all
    ready in the FF profile with the backed up version.

    > I love Firefox, but their bookmark system,in more ways than one, SUCKS!

    thats why I use SeaMonkey. Better bookmark control.

    the file is kept in the FF profile. To find the FF profile you must
    read this: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    , Jun 12, 2007

  3. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Quivis Guest

    On 12 jun 2007, Cyberiade.it Anonymous
    Remailer<>, had the following to say
    to the folks in alt.fan.mozilla:

    > Last time when I tried importing new ones, it merely added the
    > backup
    > to the present file, which meant I had tons of dupes. This time I
    > want to delete the older bookmarks before I import the newer
    > backup.

    Try this:
    Quivis

    Quivis, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 12 Jun 2007 06:23:30 +0200, in message <>,

    See http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    > I've tried finding it with Windows SEARCH but it didn't show them.

    You need to tell Windows SEARCH to search hidden and system-protected
    files and folders. This is a special option in the left panel of
    Windows SEARCH.

    This is in addition to telling Windows to show hidden and system-protected
    files and folders.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Jul 26, 2007
  5. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:53:30 -0700, in message <>,
    wrote:

    > On Jun 11, 9:23 pm, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
    > <> wrote:
    > > I've tried finding it with Windows SEARCH but it didn't show them.
    > >
    > > I had a Windows Crash and had to install a backup copy of Windows XP
    > > Pro. However, I luckily backed up my bookmarks yesterday, just before
    > > the crash.
    > >

    > if you know where to back up your bookmarks, then why are you asking
    > where is the file?

    "Where" may well be the menu command "File -> Export" on the bookmarks manager menu.

    One can back up bookmarks without knowing where is Firefox's bookmarks.html file.

    :)

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph