  1. saramuzzy

    saramuzzy Guest

    I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.
    saramuzzy, Oct 24, 2003

  2. saramuzzy

    Harrison Guest

    Start>Run> chkdsk
    That's checkdisk and that's what you get with xp.
    If you want it to automatically run and fix errors on the next boot,
    type chkdsk /f

    Harrison, Oct 24, 2003

  3. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:19:52 -0400, saramuzzy <>
    wrote:

    >I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

    Go to "Start" button, select "Help and Support" then enter "Scan Disk"
    in search.

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj FROM aussiemail THINGO com
    Pauline Johnson, Oct 24, 2003
  4. saramuzzy

    Liz Guest

    "saramuzzy" wrote:
    > I just upgraded to XP and I can't find scandisk. Someone help me please.

    Open My Computer, right-click on Local Disk (C:)
    choose Properties> Tools tab> under Error-checking,
    press "Check Now"> in the Check disk options box, put a check mark
    in both of the options> click Start.

    A box will pop up saying you can't run disk check at this time,
    do you want to start it the next time your computer restarts.
    Click OK, Restart your computer. ScanDisk will run automatically
    on startup, then you can run Defrag.
    Liz, Oct 24, 2003