  1. After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    news.speedfactory.net.

    I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there either.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Michael A. Covington

    Todd H. Guest

    "Michael A. Covington" <> writes:

    > After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    > news.speedfactory.net.
    >
    > I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there
    > either.

    No one here can help you with that I'm afraid. It's an excellent
    question for your ISP, or whomever administers the news server you use
    though.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Dec 15, 2004

  3. "Todd H." <> wrote in message news:...
    > "Michael A. Covington" <>
    > writes:
    >
    >> After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >> news.speedfactory.net.
    >>
    >> I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there
    >> either.

    > No one here can help you with that I'm afraid. It's an excellent
    > question for your ISP, or whomever administers the news server you use
    > though.

    The reason I asked here was to inquire whether lots of other people are also
    not receiving it.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Michael A. Covington

    Hunt Guest

    In article <41c04caf$>, look@www.
    covingtoninnovations.com.for.address says...

    >After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >news.speedfactory.net.
    >
    >I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there either.

    It appeared on both NewsGuy and NewScene almost immediately. Both are
    subscription services, but they picked it up as soon as it was formed.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Michael A. Covington

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:19:53 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Michael A.
    Covington" <> wrote:

    >After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >news.speedfactory.net.

    Time to call/me-mail them and request the group.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Dec 15, 2004
  6. "Michael A. Covington" <> writes:

    > After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    > news.speedfactory.net.
    >
    > I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there either.

    Not on news.qwest.net, either, despite my having sent in a request
    that they add it.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Dec 16, 2004
  7. Michael A. Covington

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Michael A. Covington" ess

    >After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >news.speedfactory.net.

    Why would you want that NG?
    They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can read. I'm
    sure I'm not missing much.

    Annika1980, Dec 16, 2004
  8. Michael A. Covington

    bob Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote in
    > Why would you want that NG?
    > They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can
    > read. I'm sure I'm not missing much.

    I thought I'd check in via groups.google.com.

    It's not there.

    They've got an entirely new "system" now, which makes finding usenet
    groups a real pita.

    Bob

    bob, Dec 16, 2004

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    David J Taylor, Dec 16, 2004
  10. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:21:20 GMT, bob <>
    wrote:

    > (Annika1980) wrote in
    >> Why would you want that NG?
    >> They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can
    >> read. I'm sure I'm not missing much.

    >I thought I'd check in via groups.google.com.
    >
    >It's not there.
    >
    >They've got an entirely new "system" now, which makes finding usenet
    >groups a real pita.

    It was on google's advanced groups search last night but not earlier
    in the day.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    I've complained to earthlink.net about not having it on their news
    severs.

    "I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make
    a butchery of my conscience."

    John Bunyan

    John A. Stovall, Dec 16, 2004
  11. Michael A. Covington

    Todd H. Guest

    bob <> writes:
    > (Annika1980) wrote in
    > > Why would you want that NG?
    > > They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can
    > > read. I'm sure I'm not missing much.

    > I thought I'd check in via groups.google.com.
    >
    > It's not there.

    Yeah it is actually.
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    And my little ole ISP carries the group too, so I'm not sure what the
    problem with those paying separately for news are having. Sometimes
    all it takes is a call or a helpdesk ticket to your ISP to get the
    group added. Some news admins won't automatically add groups without
    at least one request.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Dec 16, 2004
  12. Michael A. Covington

    bob Guest

    "David J Taylor" <> wrote in news:32drunF3ivgevU1
    @individual.net:

    > bob wrote:
    >> I thought I'd check in via groups.google.com.
    >>
    >> It's not there.
    >>
    >> They've got an entirely new "system" now, which makes finding usenet
    >> groups a real pita.

    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    OK, but try to navigate to it!

    Bob

    bob, Dec 16, 2004
  13. David J Taylor, Dec 16, 2004
  14. Michael A. Covington

    bob Guest

    "David J Taylor" <> wrote in news:32dvupF3m5donU1
    @individual.net:

    > I went: Goggle -> Groups -> Search -> slr-systems
    > Probably.
    >
    > Sorry to hear the navigation isn't up to much.

    I also tried searching for what I thougth would be a sure thing. I
    searched for rec.photo.digital. Instead of returning the 5 rpd groups, it
    takes one directly to rpd...

    Oh, and thanks for the link. There are some good discussions there.

    Bob

    bob, Dec 16, 2004
  15. Michael A. Covington

    Ray Guest

    "Michael A. Covington" <>
    wrote in news:41c04caf$:

    > After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    > news.speedfactory.net.
    >
    > I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there either.

    Sign up for a free account with "news.individual.net". They have it on
    their server.

    http://www.individual.net/

    --
    Listen to 97X!
    http://www.woxy.com

    Ray, Dec 16, 2004
  16. bob wrote:
    > "David J Taylor" <> wrote in
    > news:32dvupF3m5donU1 @individual.net:
    >

    >> I went: Goggle -> Groups -> Search -> slr-systems
    >> Probably.
    >>
    >> Sorry to hear the navigation isn't up to much.
    >>

    > I also tried searching for what I thougth would be a sure thing. I
    > searched for rec.photo.digital. Instead of returning the 5 rpd
    > groups, it takes one directly to rpd...
    >
    > Oh, and thanks for the link. There are some good discussions there.
    >
    > Bob

    Perhaps I was lucky. I think ZLR returns just the correct hit as well.
    Glad you are enjoying the group.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 16, 2004
  17. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Michael A. Covington"
    > >

    >>After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >>news.speedfactory.net.

    > Why would you want that NG?
    > They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can
    > read. I'm
    > sure I'm not missing much.

    Over 600 posts since 11/23/04!

    Jim.

    James Silverton, Dec 16, 2004
  18. Michael A. Covington

    Guest

    On 16 Dec 2004 16:03:22 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:

    >>From: "Michael A. Covington" ess

    >>After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >>news.speedfactory.net.

    >Why would you want that NG?
    >They've created a newsgroup that about 20 people in the world can read. I'm
    >sure I'm not missing much.

    There quit a few people reading that list and posting about 500 msgs
    per month. You can subscribe using google.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems/about

    Dave
    East Englewood
    -----------------------

    , Dec 17, 2004
  19. Michael A. Covington

    Norman Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:19:53 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
    <> wrote:

    >After this long, we're still not getting that new newsgroup on
    >news.speedfactory.net.
    >
    >I'll check news.uga.edu. Last time I looked, it wasn't there either.

    I see a create group message from 27 Oct, which I assume was the original post.
    Perhaps the original group creator could send another control message (or two)
    to create the group in case some systems didn't receive it.

    Some news admins won't allow a group unless they see an "official" cmsg go by.

    - ---
    Norman
    Please reply via group. E-mail ID does not exist.

    Norman, Dec 17, 2004
  20. Michael A. Covington

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Dec 17, 2004