    The WinXP help comes up with 0.

    Your assistance appreciated

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Jimmy Dean rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    > should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    > Add-Remove Programs.
    >
    > The WinXP help comes up with 0.
    >
    > Your assistance appreciated
    >
    > jd

    It doesn't come with msvm go here...
    http://ftp.up.ac.za/pub/windows/microsoft/updates/msjava/Security_Bulletins/m
    sjavx86.exe

    Black Baptist, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Jimmy Dean

    SecretS Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    > should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    > Add-Remove Programs.
    >
    > The WinXP help comes up with 0.
    >
    > Your assistance appreciated
    >
    > jd

    Microsoft used to supply Java Virtual Machine with windows, but was sued by
    the owners of Java - Sun Microsystems and could no longer supply with
    Windows.

    Microsoft is not very helpful, and have an alternative to JVM, however if
    you want full java compatability then you can install Java Virtual Machine
    yourself.

    You can download it from here:

    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

    <<SS>>

    SecretS, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Jimmy Dean

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:29:52 -0000, SecretS wrote:

    >"Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    >> should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in

    <snip>

    >Microsoft is not very helpful, and have an alternative to JVM, however if
    >you want full java compatability then you can install Java Virtual Machine

    Ah! Wasn't that part of the argument, who had what level of
    compatability?

    >yourself.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 22, 2004
  5. "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    > should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    > Add-Remove Programs.

    It wouldn't be there.

    First, find out what version of Java (if any) you are running. Go to
    http://javatester.org/version.html for complete instructions.

    Second, if you are running the Microsoft JVM, get rid of it and install the
    current (much improved) version from Sun.

    Complete uninstall instructions for the MS JVM are here:
    http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=38206

    Download the current version of the Sun JVM here:
    http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp

    Oxford Systems, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Jimmy Dean

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:50:32 GMT, Oxford Systems wrote:

    >"Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    >> should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    >> Add-Remove Programs.

    >It wouldn't be there.
    >
    >First, find out what version of Java (if any) you are running. Go to
    >http://javatester.org/version.html for complete instructions.

    Didn't know that one. Thanks.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 22, 2004
  7. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Re: Where is Microsoft Virtual Machine in WinXP SP1? <= clarification

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:07:04 +1100, Jimmy Dean <>
    wrote:

    >Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    >should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    >Add-Remove Programs.
    >
    >The WinXP help comes up with 0.
    >
    >Your assistance appreciated
    >
    >jd

    Sorry, should have mentioned, I want to be able to boot Windows 98SE
    _inside_ Windows XP which a PC mag assures me I can do (even shows
    screenshots). So presumably I need the genuine MS VM, not the Sun one
    (?).

    Later: I did install the Sun VM (without knowing what it was), but I
    still can't find the Virtual Machine Wizard, like it says in the PC
    mag article.

    More help pleeze

    thanx
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 23, 2004
  8. Jimmy Dean

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:13:28 +1100, Jimmy Dean wrote:

    >On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:07:04 +1100, Jimmy Dean <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Everything I've read on the Net or in PC mags seems to just assume it
    >>should just "be there" but I can't find it on the Start menu or in
    >>Add-Remove Programs.
    >>
    >>The WinXP help comes up with 0.
    >>
    >>Your assistance appreciated
    >>
    >>jd

    >Sorry, should have mentioned, I want to be able to boot Windows 98SE
    >_inside_ Windows XP which a PC mag assures me I can do (even shows
    >screenshots). So presumably I need the genuine MS VM, not the Sun one
    >(?).
    >
    >Later: I did install the Sun VM (without knowing what it was), but I

    The Sun JVM isn't what you need, but it's what you asked about in your
    1st post.

    >still can't find the Virtual Machine Wizard, like it says in the PC

    You are talking about something like,

    http://www.hyperos2002.com/ which allows multiple Windows OS to run on a
    single PC, which may wall use MS or Sun JVM to run or the product
    VMWare.

    >mag article.
    >
    >More help pleeze

    Then name the magazine , issue , date , article info and page?

    However if you weren't waiting for someone else to do the research for
    you www.google.com return some interesting hits for the wizard name
    above.

    Me

    why?, Dec 24, 2004