    I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules filter.
    OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
    This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when there are 150 items.

    Anastasio A Rossi, May 8, 2004

  2. Anastasio A Rossi

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 18:04:37 GMT, Anastasio A Rossi wrote:

    Please don't post in Base64 encoding, you should use plain text. It's
    just as well my newsreader converts from

    "Q2FuIHNvbWVvbmUgaWRlbnRpZnkgdGhlI...."

    >Can someone identify the location of the data storage for message rules in OE6, and if that data can be edited?
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules filter.
    >OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
    >This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when there are 150 items.

    You could try these found from www.google.com

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
    there is a section on OE reg keys, data files.

    http://www.elysiumgates.com/pandora/backup_outlook.html
    How to Back Up Blocked Senders List and Other Mail Rules
    Locate and click the following registry subkeys

    I don't use OE and thus have no rules to confirm data in the keys
    mentioned above.

    Those couple of articles should be enough for you to try other
    www.google.com searches.

    Me

    why?, May 8, 2004

  3. Anastasio A Rossi

    Iceman Guest

    "Anastasio A Rossi" wrote in message
    > Can someone identify the location of the data storage for message rules in

    OE6, and if that data can be edited?

    > I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules

    filter.
    > OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
    > This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when

    there are 150 items.

    They are stored in the registry. Go to Start > Run > Regedit and find this
    key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\5.0\Rules

    Iceman, May 9, 2004