    also when will the next service pack be integrated into the next microsoft
    pressing/release to purchase ?

    thank you

    Arthur Rosene, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Arthur;
    Service Pack is not even scheduled at this point:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
    Microsoft seems to be on a two year cycle for Service Packs so you may have
    about 18 months to go.
    Check that link periodically for Service Pack information as it becomes
    available.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 7, 2006

  3. Check the following online retailers to see which has the lowest price:
    www.ncix.com
    www.directron.com
    www.newegg.com
    www.zipzoomfly.com
    www.planetamd64.com
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Arthur Rosene

    John Barnes Guest

    Vista will most likely be out before there is any thought of a Service Pack
    for x64.

    John Barnes, Jan 7, 2006
  5. On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 05:25:02 -0800, "Andre Da Costa"
    <> wrote:

    >Check the following online retailers to see which has the lowest price:
    >www.ncix.com
    >www.directron.com
    >www.newegg.com
    >www.zipzoomfly.com
    >www.planetamd64.com

    Let me throw in a plug for

    http://www.ewiz.com

    They have consistently had the lowest price on several items including
    the OEM XP Pro x64 (~USD130). They are in CA so CA residents will pay
    tax. Shipping is reasonable. I have found however, that ewiz, like
    some other vendors, lists the same item at different prices based on
    how you search for it i.e directly from the ewiz website (usually the
    highesat price) or from Froogle or Pricewatch (lower). So do a little
    reseach and save a few bucks.

    Note: I noticed on a recent search that Froogle and Pricewatch list
    vendors who claim to have x64 available as a download for ~USD 85 to
    120. I spoke to Microsoft's Piracy hotline and they confirm that x84
    is never legitimately available as a download. OEM with hardware
    purchase only. Caveat emptor.

    J. Eric Durbin, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Windows XP Professional x64s Service Packs are on schedule with the Windows
    Server 2003 Service Packs, when they get updated, x64 will get updated too,
    simply because x64 is based on Server 2003 SP1 code base.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2006
  7. Arthur Rosene

    John Barnes Guest

    As stated no downloads (how do you download the hardware requirement anyway)
    and also any vendor that doesn't require the hardware purchase (though, you
    will find the ones Andre suggests may include the hardware and show it as
    free (included) on the purchase page)

    John Barnes, Jan 7, 2006