    Let me know what you think!
    Adam
    , Oct 15, 2003

  2. () writes:

    > I'd like to print out a digital print in a very large size. What
    > sites/stores/etc. do you know of where I can get these prints, and
    > what prices?
    > For example, I found the following:
    > Imagestation.com 20" x 30" for $19.99
    > Ofoto.com & Shutterfly can do 20" x 30" for $22.99
    > Anybody know what this would cost at Costco or Kits or something?
    > Is 20 x 30 the largest that I should expect to find for digital
    > prints? I'd consider going larger...

    I generally don't see larger than 8x10's at places like Walmart, Costco, etc.

    I've used ezprints.com (fantastic results on 18x24" Fuji matte prints), and
    dotphoto.com (ok results on various Kodak glossy prints). I see jumbogiant.com
    can go up to 40x60" for $109.50, but I haven't used them yet. Pictopia.com can
    do up to 50x120" for $417, though I suspect you probably don't have enough
    pixels for that size.

    > Also, the shot I want to blow up was taken on a 3.3MP Olympus c3000Z
    > at Medium resolution. Will I get a better end result if I have that
    > enlarged by a printing company like the websites above, or if I have a
    > normal sized print made and then have that scanned and enlarged?
    > Let me know what you think!
    > Adam

    Note, jumbogiant.com recomends 3.1 megapixel images be printed no more than
    36x48". I suspect you would get a better quality print if you used the SHQ
    (high) resolution instead of medium. You will get a better picture if you skip
    the scanning step, since it involves separate conversions, which leads to a
    loss of information. I believe many of the large format companies will use
    professional tools to do the upscaling for the printer.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Bryce Guest

    depends what dpi you are shooting for. what quality do you want? At 3mp, if
    you're looking for quality (subjectie term, I know), then you might be kinda
    limited.

    Bryce, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Oct 15, 2003
  5. DanielC Guest

    I've used bigphotohelp and had excellent results. I also used bignose and
    found bigphotohelp to be better. Better customer service and better
    colors.

    DanielC
    DanielC, Oct 18, 2003
  6. JK Guest

    That is only around 68 dpi. While there are some programs
    that might help process the image so that it will make nicer
    looking prints(Genuine Fractals?), you shouldn't expect to
    get a nice looking 20"x30" print from such a small image.
    My advice is that you have an 11"x14" print made instead.
    You might be able to get one for $5 or less. The 11"x14"
    format is close to the proprtion of your image, so few
    pixels will need to be cropped. You would get around 140
    dpi, which isn't great(300 dpi would be optimal, and 200 dpi
    would be good) but is certainly much better than 68 dpi.
    If you try using some processing software on copies of the image,
    and can make a decent looking 11"x14" print, only then should
    you even consider having a larger print made.

    JK, Oct 18, 2003
  7. Steve Guest

    If the image isn't at least 1800 X 2400 I wouldn't even try a 20" X 30"
    print.

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 19, 2003