    Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    a web based help page or what?

    Mastic, Mar 27, 2013

  2. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:07:11 +1100, Mastic wrote:

    > Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    > This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    > a web based help page or what?

    They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration

    news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Mar 27, 2013

  3. Mastic

    Mastic Guest

    Re: Where have the Firefox help group people gone??? - news.mozilla.jpg (0/1)

    Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:07:11 +1100, Mastic wrote:
    >
    >> Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    >> This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    >> a web based help page or what?

    >They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    >where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    >To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    >Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration
    >
    >news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    Hi Ralph, I am doing something wrong!!!
    What I did was create a new iteration of Agent in a new folder by copy
    and pasting this version of Agent. I then went to Options >> User and
    System Profile>> System and changed 'News Server' to news.mozilla.org
    and made sure that Options >> User and System Profile>> User had the
    'No login is required checked.
    But I get an error message 'Host name not found'.

    See the attached screen capture.

    Mastic, Mar 27, 2013
  4. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:47:58 +1100, Mastic wrote:

    > See the attached screen capture.

    I do not see your screen capture. Most news servers will drop
    binaries in text newsgroups like this one.

    If you want to post a screen capture in a text newsgroup, then
    upload the screen capture to someplace like www.tinypic.com
    and post a link in the group.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Mar 28, 2013
  5. Mastic

    Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:07:11 +1100, Mastic wrote:
    >
    >> Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    >> This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    >> a web based help page or what?

    >They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    >where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    >To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    >Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration
    >
    >news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg

    Mastic, Mar 29, 2013
  6. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 23:16:48 +1100, Mastic wrote:

    > Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:07:11 +1100, Mastic wrote:
    > >
    > >> Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    > >> This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    > >> a web based help page or what?

    > >They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    > >where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    > >To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    > >Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration
    > >
    > >news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    > Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    > error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg
    >
    > Hi Ralph, I am doing something wrong!!!
    > What I did was create a new iteration of Agent in a new folder by copy
    > and pasting this version of Agent. I then went to Options >> User and
    > System Profile>> System and changed 'News Server' to news.mozilla.org
    > and made sure that Options >> User and System Profile>> User had the
    > 'No login is required checked.
    > But I get an error message 'Host name not found'.
    >
    > Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    > error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg

    In the News Server box, remove the spaces after "news.mozilla.org".
    Agent is trying to find a server "news.mozilla.org " that has
    space characters at the end of its name.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Mar 29, 2013
  7. Mastic

    Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 23:16:48 +1100, Mastic wrote:
    >
    >> Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >> >They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    >> >where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    >> >To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    >> >Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration
    >> >
    >> >news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    >> Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    >> error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg
    >>
    >> Hi Ralph, I am doing something wrong!!!
    >> What I did was create a new iteration of Agent in a new folder by copy
    >> and pasting this version of Agent. I then went to Options >> User and
    >> System Profile>> System and changed 'News Server' to news.mozilla.org
    >> and made sure that Options >> User and System Profile>> User had the
    >> 'No login is required checked.
    >> But I get an error message 'Host name not found'.
    >>
    >> Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    >> error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg

    >In the News Server box, remove the spaces after "news.mozilla.org".
    >Agent is trying to find a server "news.mozilla.org " that has
    >space characters at the end of its name.

    You are a computer god Ralph!!! How could you tell that had spaces
    behind it? I couldn't see the spaces because they were white on a
    white background.

    Anyway Agent is connecting to the news server now okay but using the
    drop down menu 'Online' > Get New Groups and also 'Online' > Refresh
    Groups List shows no group called mozilla.support.firefox. What am I
    doing wrong?

    Mastic, Apr 1, 2013
  8. Mastic

    Mastic <> wrote:

    >Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >>> Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    >>> error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Hi Ralph, I am doing something wrong!!!
    >>> What I did was create a new iteration of Agent in a new folder by copy
    >>> and pasting this version of Agent. I then went to Options >> User and
    >>> System Profile>> System and changed 'News Server' to news.mozilla.org
    >>> and made sure that Options >> User and System Profile>> User had the
    >>> 'No login is required checked.
    >>> But I get an error message 'Host name not found'.
    >>>
    >>> Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    >>> error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg

    >>In the News Server box, remove the spaces after "news.mozilla.org".
    >>Agent is trying to find a server "news.mozilla.org " that has
    >>space characters at the end of its name.

    >You are a computer god Ralph!!! How could you tell that had spaces
    >behind it? I couldn't see the spaces because they were white on a
    >white background.
    >
    >Anyway Agent is connecting to the news server now okay but using the
    >drop down menu 'Online' > Get New Groups and also 'Online' > Refresh
    >Groups List shows no group called mozilla.support.firefox. What am I
    >doing wrong?

    Hi Ralph, I worked out that it was because I was not subscribed to any
    groups in that iteration of Agent so I had to go to the Groups menu
    then show all groups and then subscribe to mozilla.support.firefox. It
    is now downloading over 15 thousand headers!!!
    I would still like to know how you worked out that there were blank
    spaces news.mozilla.org in the news server box???
    A big thank you for your help.

    Mastic, Apr 1, 2013
  9. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:10:07 +1100, Mastic wrote:

    > I would still like to know how you worked out that there were blank
    > spaces news.mozilla.org in the news server box???

    Here is one way to see:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2wn35ao.png

    --
    Kind regards