    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html
    FAQmeister, Mar 13, 2005

  2. FAQmeister wrote:

    > I can't seem to find one that records a decent picture in SLP. They work
    > OK in SP mode, but I used to get that kind of quality with SLP.

    I picked up a Panasonic PV-V4603S just this past year,
    the only unit still being made and shipping that still
    recorded in LP mode and it's make excellent recordings.

    drc :)
    Darrel Christenson, Mar 13, 2005

  3. FAQmeister

    pertnoy Guest

    Just get a DVD recorder $150, but no built in harddrive.

    pertnoy, Mar 14, 2005
  4. FAQmeister

    Ed Kim Guest

    FAQmeister wrote:
    > I can't seem to find one that records a decent picture in SLP. They

    work
    > OK in SP mode, but I used to get that kind of quality with SLP.
    >
    > --
    > Buford T. Justice
    > The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    > http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    i got a JVC-HRS series. if you can get one that doens't break down in
    some fashion, it really does a great job of playback and recording.

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Mar 14, 2005
  5. FAQmeister

    Stan Jensen Guest

    What's a VCR? :)

    Stan Jensen, Mar 14, 2005
  6. "Stan Jensen" <> wrote in message
    > What's a VCR? :)

    That's something I'd like to know too.
    Michael Walker, Mar 14, 2005
  7. FAQmeister

    deeb Guest

    "Michael Walker" <> wrote in message
    > "Stan Jensen" <> wrote in message
    > > What's a VCR? :)

    > That's something I'd like to know too.

    Think ..Video Cassette Recorder

    db
    deeb, Mar 15, 2005
  8. FAQmeister

    Donald Link Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:10:07 -0600, "Michael Walker"
    <> wrote:

    >"Stan Jensen" <> wrote in message
    >> What's a VCR? :)

    >That's something I'd like to know too.

    I think those are those things that flea markets are trying to sell at
    $5 each and no one buys. They sit along side of the 14 inch EGA
    monitors and 286 computers.
    Donald Link, Mar 15, 2005
  9. FAQmeister

    jdmccol Guest

    It's a device that records onto a tape(that can be
    used over and over) and the video lasts longer than
    a couple of years - as opposed to DVD+-Rw's which may or may not
    last. Tapes slowly degrade, the recordable DVDs look better at first,
    then may suddenly become totally crap.

    jdmccol, Mar 16, 2005
  10. On 16 Mar 2005 08:06:11 -0800, "jdmccol" <> wrote:

    >It's a device that records onto a tape(that can be
    >used over and over) and the video lasts longer than
    >a couple of years - as opposed to DVD+-Rw's which may or may not
    >last. Tapes slowly degrade, the recordable DVDs look better at first,
    >then may suddenly become totally crap.

    As an aside, VCR's (at least decent ones) are getting hard to find in
    retail stores. One of mine crapped out and I'm looking to find a new
    one (I'd like a DVD Burner/player) but they are still to expensive for
    my budget). The selection is abysmal. Several retail outlets
    actually have mono units with virtually no features and very few of
    those. There's lots of Thompson produced crap out there under
    different names, but not many others.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Mar 17, 2005