    should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
    to work?

    dg

    dg, Apr 1, 2007

  2. "dg" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    >I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
    > the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
    > not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.
    >
    > The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
    > no other internet access.
    >
    > How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
    > should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
    > to work?
    >
    > dg

    Try 192.168.178.254 which is the default permanent IP address for emergency
    cases.
    It seems that you have switched off the DHCP and now you do not know its IP
    number.

    Grz Henk van Andel

    Henk van Andel, Apr 2, 2007

  3. dg

    Guest Guest

    "dg" <> schreef in bericht
    > I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
    > the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
    > not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.
    >
    > The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
    > no other internet access.
    >
    > How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
    > should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
    > to work?
    >
    > dg

    You could use ipscan.exe to find the missing ip of your FritzBox

    Guest, Apr 2, 2007
  4. dg

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:43:00 +0200, <> wrote:

    >"dg" <> schreef in bericht
    >> I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
    >> the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
    >> not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.
    >>
    >> The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
    >> no other internet access.
    >>
    >> How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
    >> should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
    >> to work?
    >>
    >> dg
    >>

    >You could use ipscan.exe to find the missing ip of your FritzBox

    If you decide to use ipscan be very wary where you download it from.
    Personally I wouldn't risk it.
    Instead, launch the DOS command window, in Win XP, via 'accessories'
    or by going to Start/Run and typing
    cmd

    Then, I think, you should be able to find the IP by typing the DOS
    command:-
    nslookup
    If you are running a firewall you may be asked permission for the
    command to run. There will be a slight pause and you'll probably get a
    message saying it can't find the server for ...and give the IP of your
    router.
    If nothing is displayed then your firewall is blocking access.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 2, 2007
  5. dg

    dg Guest

    On 2 Apr, 21:24, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:43:00 +0200, <> wrote:
    >
    > >"dg" <> schreef in bericht
    > >> I had my Fritzbox working and could access the control panel etc, but
    > >> the next time I turned on the PC, I had no internet access and could
    > >> not access the Fritzbox control panel at the IP address it was set to.

    > >> The Fritzbox was still letting Voip through to my phone, but otherwise
    > >> no other internet access.

    > >> How do I find my Fritzbox if it is not showing up at the IP address it
    > >> should be at? And how can it not allow internet access, but allow Voip
    > >> to work?

    > >> dg

    > >You could use ipscan.exe to find the missing ip of your FritzBox

    > If you decide to use ipscan be very wary where you download it from.
    > Personally I wouldn't risk it.
    > Instead, launch the DOS command window, in Win XP, via 'accessories'
    > or by going to Start/Run and typing
    > cmd
    >
    > Then, I think, you should be able to find the IP by typing the DOS
    > command:-
    > nslookup
    > If you are running a firewall you may be asked permission for the
    > command to run. There will be a slight pause and you'll probably get a
    > message saying it can't find the server for ...and give the IP of your
    > router.
    > If nothing is displayed then your firewall is blocking access.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks everyone.

    It was not at the default IP address, and none of the IP addresses in
    the browser history worked either. I unpluged and powered it, the
    modem and the PC off and on and still nothing.

    Then, after many hours of faffing about, I got a random message via
    windows network places, that a new device had been detected on the
    network, and there it was in the "my network places" window. It was
    never there before when I had the Fritzbox working.

    It has given itself a new IP address though, which I can't understand
    why. I hope it does not do this disappearing act regularly

    dg

    dg, Apr 2, 2007